1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Mining Dump truck

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Nov 16, 2014.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Here is a picture of a buddy of mine that is in the dirt business with his brother in law.
    He is 6'8" tall.

He went to the cat plant. The dump truck is used in strip mines.
    One tire will make 540 car passenger tire.
    The dump truck has to be moved on a train.
    The dump truck is 2 stories tall.

[​IMG]
    badinfluence63 likes this.
  2. Roadster guy

Roadster guy Well-Known Member

They have those in the mines in Labrador up here, and out west too.
  3. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

lots in Fort Mac
  4. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Sleepy, remember that trip to AZ when we went down into New Mexico and back up the Coronado Trail. We went by that huge mine and we stopped at a lookout and saw those great big monster dump trucks way down below.
    Sleepy likes this.
  5. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

That trip was nine years ago, one of CD's last rides I think. He was getting ready to shut down his business. Fun trip but a bit sad to see CD hang 'em up. I think the mine was in Morenci. The ride back home from AZ was awesome, up the 191 thru Monument Valley, Moab, Price and up to Ogden. I don't put on the big days like that anymore.
  6. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I think your right on that town. Was a real fun trip and your right it was sad to see CD hang it up. I often think about him and wonder how he is doing. I hear from Kev from time to time and looks like he is doing well. I'm with you I don't do those kind of serious miles any longer. That ride back up was really good. I remember that last day riding home from the motel by Salt Lake in one day, couldn't do it anymore. Good times.
  7. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Back in the mid to late 70's a buddy on mine work in that mine , he fixed a lot on those truck along with other machines there ,I got to go with him on a Sunday ,I can stand up inside those wheels , he used a fork life to put me up there , there huge with a one man cab