1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Mom rides

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cowboy, Jul 5, 2007.

1. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Over the weekend my Mother at almost 86 acording to her had my Brother take her for a ride on his 98 flhtic, They live in Albuquerque NM so he called my two bro-in-laws( both ride flhtic) & some friends & they set off for a good ride sister & sister-in-law in a car just in case , they headed up in to the mountians on old hwy66 , stop for lunch & back on the road about 200 miles round trip , when I called her she was still grinnin from ear to ear , She told me after all these years she knew why two of her son's still ride she could not decribe the great feeling she had , the freedom her body felt & she also told me she now knows why My daughter bought her own bike , she also said she would like to do again , after all these years she last rode with us back in 1966 , My sister-in-law sent me some pic's ,& she's smiling to whole time
    :cool:
  2. tga

tga New Member

:) Great story! I hope you got a lot of pictures. She'll love them!
  3. Slimjim

Slimjim Active Member

Cowboy, what a great story. I really respect your Mom for her adventurous spirit. This is something she will never forget and none of your family will either. This story and pictures will be passed down in your family for generations. It's hard to explain the feeling of riding a bike to those that don't ride but it can be addictive once you try it. I hope your Mom is ready to go again!! :D
  4. 2fastnaz

2fastnaz Moderator

Good for your Mom!!!

My mom is 86 and you couldn't get her on a "murder cycle" to save her soul. When I was teen I'd take off for a ride on one of my dirt bikes she be standing in the window watching me go, crying. I'd come back with an empty tank and she'd still be standing in the window watching for me, crying. She's scared to death I'm gonna get killed on one.
  5. FlynDutchman

FlynDutchman New Member

My Ma is the same way.....she's 73 now (im 40) & when I tell her Im coming to visit, she always adds "youre not gonna ride that motorcycle are you ??"
  6. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

My attorney refers to motorcyclists as "organ donors", but oh well. I can't worry about that, or the dangers of riding. I could just as easily fall off some scaffolding at work and die too. WTF, we gotta die from something, right?? That's great your mom was riding! Save those pics as I'm sure nobody would believe you without them! Good for her and I hope she goes out again soon!
  7. Texas Road Glide

Texas Road Glide New Member

wished my mom had that veiw.....
    she calls my bikes, death machines....

TRG
  8. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Mom had that view many years ago even made us where helmets when we where young , but I guess after all these years of us both riding & only being put back together A few time each , she thought it would be safe & fell in love with riding all over again after 41 years sense her last ride with eather one of us , & has never been on A bike unless it was me or my brother , said she don't trust anyone else,
    :cool:
  9. ringo912

ringo912 Active Member

Awesome...Every year for xmas our family includes a gag gift. Last year I got my mother in-law a dew rag. She wears it from time to time, but I haven't been able to get her on the back of the bike yet. :devil: I have cousin that is 72 years old and loves to ride. He went with a bunch of us last year on a 5 day 1800 mile ride. Most of the time he was hard to keep up with. Dude road all his life. Hope I can still keep it rolling when I get his age.:cool:
  10. Peyts

Peyts New Member

Awesome story, Cowboy... that should be an inspiration to those who want to do something but are too damned scared. Get busy living or get busy dying! Right?! Too many people are so afraid of getting hurt or dying that they actually never live. Cheers to your mom, bro.
  11. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

what a great story...thanks for sharing it with us....these memories will be with you for all your days!!!!