1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

? most likley for gumby

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by ironhorse, Nov 24, 2006.

1. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

here is a Question for gumby ( i belive that it was you that has been in this area) or for any one else that could give me some insite. I will be traveling to San Luis Obispo (it started out as santa barbara) anyway is it faster to run from Bakersfield up and through Paso Robles on 46 then down or is 58 through shaftner and McKittrick to Santa Margarita faster aint' doing any site seeing just going to work will be running the dodge for awhile so gravel and weather are not of great importance.
  2. GreyBear

GreyBear New Member

Nomad, currently the Blue Ridge Mountains
    Polk County Toy Run

Howdy,

The Polk County, North Carolina Toy runs was today....**** what a great day for a ride. It was sunny, almost 70 degrees, everyone was mellow. Last year they had a bit over 250 bikes....today we had almost 450. The CMA did a great job of coordinating the event....especially since it just got turned over to them less than 3 months ago. Green River Bar b q in Saluda...(Great place, great ribs) served up bar b q shoulder sandwiches, slaw, and chips. We had a goodly amount of door prizes ( I won a cool Tshirt...) and the 50/50 drawing brought in almost $1700.00. I was wanting to get that...already had it spent on chrome, lol.
    The route was a great ride we started out at the Saluda, NC fire dept wound down 176 (a great road with lots of switchbacks and hills) down through Tryon, NC down across the state line into South Carolina, into Landrum, sc onto hwy 14 then wound around back into NC, onto Hwy 9 across to NC108 and into Columbus, NC and the courthouse where Santa collected the toys. Saw some interesting patches....one I have never heard of from all of places...the Bahamas....a group called the Scurvy Few...Didn't talk with any of them cause I only saw them as I was leaving but ****....the Bahamas....so I guess the Toy Run had International participation.
    Hope everyone else had a great Thanksgiving and weekend.
    Ride Free.........
  3. gumby321

gumby321 New Member

LAS VEGAS WITH MY WIFE OF 25 YEARS WITH NO KIDS
    sorry

I didn't get back to you. I have not been here for awhile. I am not sure of those roads up there. I am lucky I can remember my way home...gumby321:chopper:
  4. Pixs

Pixs New Member

Bakersfield?

Ironhorse:

Dude, what did you do wrong to get sent to Bakersfield? Don't know your driving style, but I don't think it is going to make much difference. Try each route for yourself. My choice would be the quickest way out of the valley.
  5. gumby321

gumby321 New Member

too pix

I have no idea what you are talking about. You mention something about Bakersfield. I know zip--nada---0 ---nothing about that area. No idea where this all came from but I would stay out of Bakersfield with everything I have. There is nothing in that town but farm land and garbage...GUMBY PEACE
    4 -:biker: NYC
  6. gumby321

gumby321 New Member

Not Me

DONT HAVE A CLUE ABOUT BAKERSFIELD:fight: :biker: GUMBY PEACE 4 NYC
  7. Pixs

Pixs New Member

Gumby:D

Dude, chill, then see post #1 and the name is Pixs

:cheers:
  8. gumby321

gumby321 New Member

Hey Pixs !!!!!

Sorry if you think I came off a bit ruff. I really wasen't...probably my meds didn't hit me yet. So please forgive me if I did or you took it ruff. I B cool
    PEACE GUMBY 4-NYC:chopper: :cheers: :drunk:
  9. Pixs

Pixs New Member

?

:cheers: Hi Gumby,

Me too!
  10. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

went up and down the coast had a hoot lots of bikes running around then loaded it up and took it back to the house ( to much snow ) anyway up around the san jose area now and just ran 1235 mi in a little over 17 hours then its sounds like I am headed down to primm nevada. wahoo.
  11. Pixs

Pixs New Member

Way to go Dude, Slow down and take it all in.:roflmao:
  12. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

down fall is ya can't slowdown when yer on a mission, it's all good.