1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Moto Tote

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Goose, Jun 2, 2004.

1. Goose

Goose New Member

Well, you may know, but I got a three days a week wrenching job in Houston at Houston Kawasaki. I have to camp at a local state park there two nights a week, Thursday and Friday night, and commute in by motorcycle. I didn't wanna be draggin' my trailer around, so I found a deal on this Moto Tote. It's the heavy model, the "sport". I read a test of the lighter one for dirt bikes that didn't sound too good. Something tells me he didn't have it mounted properly in that test cause it shouldn't have any play with the bolt they give you to bolt it into the receiver. I'm right at the weight limit for it with my little SV. It wouldn't haul a big Harley and even a sportster would require a class 4 hitch. My class three drawtite is at it's 500 lb tongue weight limit with 420 lbs wet of motorcycle and 90 lbs of carrier. But, it seems solid. I guess I'll find out if I got scammed or not, LOL. Just hopin' it don't fall off... :eek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2004
  2. SK

SK New Member

How does the van handle with the added weight on the back? Definitely easier to maneuver than a trailer. Check all your weld spots!
  3. Goose

Goose New Member

Made one trip. Doesn't even elevate my headlights much. The van is a 3/4 ton chassis. I'm not really worried about the Moto Tote, but the hitch. It is doing fine so far, though. It's much more convenient than the trailer for what I'm doing with it, hauling it to Houston for work. I'd rather reserve the trailer for racing trips. Can't park in a normal parking spot with the trailer, the biggest PITA.

Looks like rain most of this week here. I'm not camping, working Wed through Friday and plan to suit up and take the wing, I guess. I'll be in the van Friday, my last day at work this week, cause I'm heading out from there to Denton for a race weekend.