1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Motorcycle crash

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Dec 2, 2008.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

2. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

A shame. Fine looking ride, or was, but if the rider can't control it well enough to keep out of the oncoming lane it ain't a good bike. Or maybe not a good enough rider. :(

There is a reason that regular stock bikes don't have the fancy over-fat rear wheels and the stretched front ends. They ride better without 'em.
  3. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

I was also wondering about the "missing headlight"....last I knew, anything built after (an older year) was required to have one......may have made a difference. I keep my driving lights in in addition to my headlight!!! can't have enuf up front to stay visible!!!
  4. Killer-B

Killer-B New Member

Well, I really don’t think it matters whether he had shocks, stretched front end, fat tire or fancy paint.... In a head-on collision, that makes no difference at all. It’s the riders ability to maintain control of his bike and ride within his own means.
    Later.
    B
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2008
  5. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Well if the rider was on the wrong side of the road he was in the wrong to start with , no matter if the head light was on or not , Just wonder if the head light broke off , If he came out of sulfer LA he rode about 100 mile or so & some of those rodes are ruff
  6. Thunder99

Thunder99 New Member

Sounds like rider error, irregardless of the headlight, etc. He's lucky to be alive after hitting a truck. Thoughts and prayers to him and his family.
  7. fattboss

fattboss New Member

Well, should I say or not? I did my own lil boo boo Jun 08 though not with another driver, but even so I'm lucky to be walkin too. Allowed myself to be distracted by one of those lil Japanese cars doing the frogger game on the freeway and I clipped a k-rail goin 70mph. I pray for this guy to get back on his feet, but these kind we cannot point fingers cept at ourselves. Myself included. Gotta do a better job of paying attention. :banghead: :banghead: I'll have the scooter back in play before the Laughlin Ride, but my ankle is reminding me of what I did. Shattered it and broke my wrist too. :wtf:
  8. Hdtractor1

Hdtractor1 New Member

No disrespect and I really hope for recovery to be well for the rider.I just got to wonder what he thought when he saw headlights coming his way before the impact?
  9. fattboss

fattboss New Member

"I just got to wonder what he thought when he saw headlights coming his way before the impact?"
    :wtf: is exactly what he was thinking, and that's all there was time for, trust me. been there and done that.