1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Motorcycle gas can

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Mar 29, 2011.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

look's like it could come in handy, don't think I want a some what bomb in my saddle bag
  3. FLHTbiker

I was thinking it would come in handy on some of our HOG chapter rides when some rider forgets to put gas in his or her tank, believe it or not it happens more times than not. We've had to take more than one on the back of your bike to get gas.
  4. cowboy

Ya know how that go'es , My brother knows a couple who gas based on his trip milage & last summer my brother & I & few other gased when we stop this guy wated tll later & we lost him for awhile, cause he did't gas when the rest of us did
  5. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

interesting.............
  6. cowboy

Ya , look's like a good idea , i read it & it look's like they covered it good , vented back into the can so low fumes ,like I said above ,unless some cage hits the side of ya or you fall over at speed look's safe to haul
  7. FLHTbiker

I think our HOG chapter is going to buy 4 of them for each Road Captain team for chapter rides. A lead Road Captain from each team will have one in there bike.
  8. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Proper planning wouldn't be in those riders head when they left for the run - East of the Mississippi - that should be a no brainer - but I can see where they might come in handy west of the big muddy - course the guy who ran out of gas has to buy the first round at the next watering hole.! :roflmao:
  9. FLHTbiker

I picked up 2 of the cans at the dealership today. They are really well made and fit perfect in the saddle bag. Think I'll pick one up for myself, wifes trike doesn't get the greatest mileage, especially when she gets to pull the tent trailer. :D
  10. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

I've carried 1 gallon cans in the past, but switched to using a quart bottle (stainless steel type) since. Even out here in the wide, lonely west I've never overestimated my range that much.