1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Mufflers for 08 flhtc

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by bagger_rider22, Apr 27, 2008.

1. bagger_rider22

bagger_rider22 New Member

does any one know what slip on mufflers i can put on my stock engine without doing anything else ? i need it louder!!
  2. steveb

steveb Active Member

I just added the Rhinhart slip ons to my '08 Ultra. I love the sound a little louder than stock but not so loud I will wake my neighbors up at 5:00AM when I idle out of here and go to work. They have a nice deep rumble and I love that sound. as far as not doing anything else I am not to sure about that. I added an Arlan Ness Big sucker air cleaner also to improve the air flo. Right now the bike is running a little to lean so I need to have a HD download or add a Power Commander I have not decided which to do yet. The Rhineharts come with Black anodized tips if you want chrome tips they are about $75.00 ea. I found that out after I ordered the tips and only received one tip .
  3. DKIN21

DKIN21 New Member

I Ran V&h Classic Slip Ons On Mine, They Have A Good Sound And U Can Take The Baffels Out Take The Packing Off And They Have A Good Deep Rumble To Them, If Instrested I Will Sell Them To U Cheap And A V&h Fuel Pak, Which U Will Probably Need If Change Mufflers

Dkin21
  4. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Louder USUALLY means more flow, which means you most likely should re-map an EFI or you could blue the pipes - you'll be running leaner.

But I'm not 100% on this, though - I run a carb bike. I'd just hate for you to have that happen.
  5. steveb

steveb Active Member

I have an appointment tommorrow to get a re-map done. After reading some of the posts there does not seem to be any 100 % certain way to go about this. soime people have trouble with PC3 and some have problems with V&H fuel pack and they don't make the thunder max for an '08 bagger yet. So that is probably my cheapest to try.