1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Mustang Seat

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by 08XModel, Aug 14, 2008.

1. 08XModel

08XModel New Member

Hey All:

Just put a mustang touring seat on the Glide today. It fits well with the detach sissybar and saddlebags. It did move me forward an inch or so because of the bucket seat. The seat is very comfortable and I highly recommend it. I got it from westendmotorsports.com. Good price and free shipping.
  2. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

sounds good been thinking of a mustang myself when ya hit a good 400+ ride give me some feedback if ya would, they told me that i can get a 2 week free trial to check it out but more input first would be nice
  3. ringo912

ringo912 Active Member

Hey Ironhorse....I have the Mustang wide touring seat with rider backrest on my 02' Heritage. There are some very good seats out there, Corbin, etc. However, for me, in my 35 years of riding I can honestly say that the Mustang is the most comfortable seat I have riden. I also purchased the touring passenger seat for the wife and she loves it. We have taken several trips riding 300-500 miles a day and the seat is awesome. The backrest is a lifesaver for an old guy lke me. I no longer experience any lower back pain, no matter how many miles I ride.

Mustang engeineers their own foam. You will find the seat to be firm but very comfortable. The other thing Mustang does is put rubber bumpers on the bottom of the seat pan. These sit on the frame of the bike and absorb shock. With most of your HD seats the pan sits right on the frame, so you feel any vibration that travels through the frame. The set up I bought is around $680.00 direct from Mustang, but I found it on Ebay at American Classic Motors for $560.00 delivered to my door. Hope this info helps, and as always this is JMHO. :D
  4. HellBoy

HellBoy New Member

I have a Mustang seat on my Sporty now. It's more comfortable than the Badlander was and get this.. I prefer it to the big ass, more expensive Sundowner Harley touring seat I have as well.
  5. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I LOVE my Mustang extra wide fat-a$$ seat with the removable back rest. I went through a bunch of seats and was losing a lot of money in the process. I called Mustang and they said I could try it for 10 days and return it if I didn't like it. They obviously didn't know just how many miles I could put on in 10 days. :roflmao:

I can do 600 miles day with the backrest in - easy. And I'm getting kinda old too. :(
  6. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

thanks guys, its mamas that gets numb, but if it makes me more comfy also hey
  7. steveb

steveb Active Member

I had a Mustang seat on my '05 Dyna and I could ride 700-800 miles a day without any problems. When I have the $$ I will put a Mustang on my '08 Ultra to get that extra comfort.
  8. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

I have the Mustang wide touring & pillon seat with riders backrest on my Heritage. It's the best seat my butts been on. When I get the bux there will be one going on the Cop King too. You can log a lotta miles with one of them under you, firm but Very Comfortable:)