1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

My 2nd Amendment Rights

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Dec 3, 2008.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

She should have pulled her own gun and shot the SOB before both her parents were killed by him.
  3. Art_NJr

Art_NJr New Member

Her point was that she couldn't - because the state legislature had made it a felony to carry in many places & she had left her pistol in her car, when before she would have had it in her purse.
  4. FLHTbiker

My point is she should have kept it with her anyway and saved their lives and screw the government as they sure as hel! are not protecting us. :cussing:
  5. flhtcu rob

flhtcu rob New Member

I'm glad Mississippi passed the "castle" law, which states that I have a right to defend my "castle"(read personal property--even my car/bike out on the road--carjacker = target practice:devil: ), and those that I feel are in immediate life threatening danger...even where it may not be "legal" to carry a weapon, like a church or grocery store. Mississippi FINALLY got something right.:cool:
  6. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

lets just hope that the incoming admin. doesnt screw up all we have fought for
  7. FLHTbiker

Now that is a really scary thought. :(
  8. rams3judge

rams3judge Member

buy your guns while you still can
  9. Art_NJr

Art_NJr New Member

I clearly understand, but are you willing to take a felony for carrying a firearm where the law says you can't? It's clear that if the lady knew ahead of time that situation would happen she'd have had her pistol & used it, but we rarely know about an attack ahead of time - especially as crazy as that one. And there is nothing in the law which says Gov't. is obligated to protect you, me, or anyone else from such an attack.

It is of course wise to be prepared for, and to be able to deal with, a violent attack @ any time, but most people are not going to carry a firearm into a place where the law says you can't - or you go to prison, lose your right to vote, etc. Yes, most in Gov't. either deny or don't know the meaning of the words, "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infinged", but who voted them into office? And what part of "infringed" is so difficult to understand? I reckon they don't like the dictionary definition.

We simply cannot say, "Well if I was there, I'd have done ..." this or that - because we weren't there. And if the local laws are wrong, work to change 'em, or violate 'em knowing the consequences.
  10. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

State of Texas has rules for carrying a pistol because the general public is scared of us and the police do not want us carrying a gun.

The law has already shot and killed a man cause they could see on the computer he had a permit and run him down and shot him cause they thought he was reachin for a gun.

If you break their law you can be fined, thrown in jail and yer permit taken away from you. What rights do you have then

We still live in the wild west out here.

Better fear the law more than the criminals.
  11. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

The Blue and Black Gang, Thugz Rulz

I read an article sometime ago in a Police Rag that was written by a Peace Officer (God to have those again) telling all the young gung ho police officers to watch how they were treating the public at large cause they were building and developing their own worst enemy. By alienating the public they were setting themselves up for a backlash that was going to be brutal and bloody.

Maybe someday the American Male will find his ballz and settle this in-justice again. Going to be hard to do now that our youth are getting first hand training in house to house searches and policing the streets of hostile territory. How better to train the future law enforcement recruits in dealing with ticked off civilians than putting them in hostile cities and telling them to take control of it. Got to love the aftermath of the Bush Years huh? The day is coming and I dread it, more for my son than me.
  12. FLHTbiker

If it meant the difference in saving your life or a loved one its worth it. You really think they would have jailed that young gale had she shot that creep before he killed her mom after killing her dad, I really doubt it. :fight:
  13. Tuckerllc

Tuckerllc New Member

Speeding is against the law too but we still do it

I live in "Occupied Kalifornia" where they will not issue anyone a permit to carry a gun for any reason period! That being said... I have carried a personal firearm every day of my life for the last 30 years, everywhere I go except for Airports and the Court House. The bottom line is, the police WON'T be there to protect you... they will show up AFTER THE FACT to clean up the mess and go after the Perps!

The part of this Communist state that I live in is directly in-between two of the most violent cities in northern California... Richmond and Oakland. In a lot of cases, when the police are called they won't show up for quite awhile on purpose, in my opinion, so the perps have already split and they won't get shot themselves.

"I’d rather be judged by twelve, than carried by six"

"I carry a gun because a Cop is too heavy"
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2008
  14. AZroaddust

AZroaddust New Member

Surely you jest! Mr. Obama is on the record saying he wants to reinstate a new version of the "Assault Weapons" ban, opposes concealled carry licenses in ALL states, etc. etc. Why do you think gun stores are selling out. Oh and he wants to tax ammunition so high you won't be able to afford it, and even the Ruger MINI 14 is listed by name on the new ban.

Don't take my word for it. Search the web. You will also see where he says "I support the 2nd ammendment" Yes, right.:
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2008
  15. flhtcu rob

flhtcu rob New Member

Well, some voters wanted change.:confused: Looks like we are ALL gonna get it!:gah:
  16. CD

CD Guest

Hey AZ, somehow i don't think he would have a lot of luck repealing right to carry and concealed carry here in sunny Aridzona. For the most part a lot of us still have the wild west / cowboy mentality. You carry a weapon 'cause you never know when you have to kill a snake or a varmint.

I wish my suppressor would get finished and shipped already!!!!
  17. Art_NJr

Art_NJr New Member

I agree, but the point is while she used to carry her pistol in her purse & would have had it in that situation, she left it in her car after the law changed. And who could have predicted such a crazy situation as that? Most people are just not going to take the chance of getting arrested for having a firearm where the law says you can't, even when the law is wrong. And I'm assuming the young lady in the video became a state representative because she wanted to change the law. But from what "cardboard" says, that hasn't happened :-(

Where I live (N.C.) you can carry openly just about anywhere, you can get a concealed carry permit & local stores that put signs up saying no firearms allowed lost so much business that they took 'em down. Don't see people with pistols on their hip very much anymore here - but that doesn't mean they still don't have 'em, 'cause lots of folks got the concealed permit. But the laws vary so much from State to State & while some States honor the permits from others, many don't.
  18. AZroaddust

AZroaddust New Member

I'll ony say I agree with you and leave it at that.

I cannot express what I may or may not do because I have a very healthy paranoia about who else may be reading these forums. For all I know your may be "one of them" and that's my prediciment: How did our Founding Fathers ever manage to get an army (militia) together with all the Brits around?

I, like many of you, once swore under oath to "preserve and protect the Constitution of the United States from enemies both foreign and domestic". As far as I'm concerned that oath is still valid.