1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

My baby's here

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Hot01, Dec 14, 2007.

1. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I just spoke with the service guy at the dealership. My bike is there. I have to say that I'm not thrilled with the trucking company (recommended by H-D), but I'll hold off on all judgment until I see the bike. The guy seemed amused that I was so excited that my bike is here. I'm going down there tomorrow and we're going to sit down with the tech that's doing the work and figure out what's going to get done. I feel like I'm going in for a surgical consultation. Anything with my bike like that, I feel like it's a part of me. There must be something wrong with me.:rolleyes:
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Good there your back together again :cool: & there's nothing wrong with you feeling about your bike that way , you want it done right not have-assed , & I wont stick up the the trucking CO but the weather has not been the best across the mid section of the Country this passed week or so , just make there's no new dent's or scratches :eek:
  3. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Has nothing to do with the amount of time it took. The communication's been awful. They were supposed to call me when it got there and didn't. The guy that picked it up clearly was not the brightest bulb on the tree, which was made more apparent when the hydraulic fluid was pouring out of the lift gate and he did nothing about it. Kept using the gate with the fluid going everywhere until he realized he'd need the fluid to close the gate. Then he poured it back in and proceeded to continually recycle the fluid until he was able to get the gate most of the way closed. I can understand a malfunction, but you don't just stand there and keep operating a piece of equipment while the fluid is pouring everywhere. I ended up calling the fire department because I know everyone there and they took care of it. If the owner of the dealership hadn't been at her mother's funeral, the guy would have left there without the boys. Unbelievable. I didn't feel good knowing that my bike was in his hands.
  4. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

im happy it is with you, and i hope all is in good shape!!!! good luck with the project at hand. keep us informed!:)
  5. TM103

TM103 Active Member

Damn Chuck, that girl has some bad malarya.:roflmao:
  6. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Sometimes he finds some really scary ones. Maybe the boobs are OK, but the women are scary. She's scaring me.
  7. chucktx

sorry abby......try this one......:)
  8. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

That's better. :rolleyes:
  9. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

was by TMHD today abby, almost stopped guess i should have.
  10. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

So your saying he had A life long case of Dumb Ass , Well as long as your bike made it
  11. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

If it got there withou new dents or dings, all is well. Spring is coming! Many great rides are ahead of ya........take care and good luck in the new environment!
    :cheers:
  12. gutierg

gutierg New Member

Hopefully the transport was delayed because of weather, and your bike arrived there in good condition. Let us know how it went with your "consultation", looking forward to seeing an update.

Regards,
    German
  13. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

It went well. Other than being dirty, the bike is fine. The inspection cover was leaking oil, but that's a minor fix. I was there for almost two hours. I was worried that after we went over everything they were going to pull a bait and switch and tell me that some/all of the stuff wasn't eligible for the 20% off parts and labor, but they didn't. Except for the cams, which are not H-D, everything was 20% off. They gave me the cams for 10% off, which is what they told me back in November.

The tech sat down with us and we discussed the 6 speed transmission. I wasn't sure I wanted to drop that much money, and I've heard that with the new bikes, people hardly use it. My problem is that I need another gear as low as 50-55 MPH. He said that with the new cams, I might not need it. I'm going to wait and see how it goes. It also took a while because there were things I wanted and the guy writing it up wasn't sure if certain things were going to work on my bike, so he'd go off to ask the tech before he'd write it up. As long as it took, I appreciate that. Better to know than to assume you're getting something and you don't.

So:

88" - 95" upgrade
    S&S 510 cams
    Adjustable pushrods
    New chrome lifter blocks (I have polished now, hard to keep looking good)
    Re-jet carb
    New chrome rocker box covers (I have these fancy ball-milled ones from H-D that the chrome is peeling off)
    Thunderstar front wheel
    I asked about the Myst Free breather system that someone here told me about. They hadn't heard of it and he went off and spoke to the tech about it. He was going to look into it. He said that Harley had improved it in '02 and just going to the stock for '02 might be all I need.
    They said they'd clean it up nicely too. It certainly needs it.
  14. chucktx

abby, you are kicking the hp up a bit and that is a great thing!!! dont use the stock aircleaner system from the 02...it wont flow enough air. at the least get a stage one system, i put a stage 2 from arlen ness....about 125.00 and have plenty of flow and it looks killer!!!! i am really happy that you are being taken care of and things are going your way....have fun with it!!!
  15. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I have a Screaming Eagle air cleaner already. Is that enough?

Another thing: I need to redecorate now. I had the ball milled rocker box covers and my air cleaner insert and my (formerly known as) points cover matched. Since I don't think they'll look all that great now, I want to find something else. I don't want to go with anything Harley. I was thinking something very custom, like something I can get engraved with my design. Does anyone know of someone who'll do that?

Maybe if I look at a different air cleaner I won't need to worry about the insert.
  16. chucktx

your screemin eagle should work fine....didnt know ya had one.....send me pics of what ya want engraved....i do that also.....:D
  17. SK

SK New Member

Abby..I don't see you needing 6th gear in the Colorado mountains much, if at all. Too many curvy roads to carve up. You'll be avoiding the freeway at all costs. :cool:
  18. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

Ya, but she may think about another round the world trip....some of those flat land interstates could use that 6th gear.....
  19. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

My plan for riding in the future is to head out to some mountain destination within a day or two ride, set up camp, and then explore all the roads I didn't get to see last summer.

Chuck, you do that on chrome?
  20. chucktx

yes:) , steel, aluminum, paint.....engrave most anything, also glass, plastics. my windscreen has an eagle on it that will glow in the dark.........:)