1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

My first bike

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by riverthecat, Oct 12, 2012.

1. riverthecat

riverthecat New Member

First bike I drove was my brothers Honda C90 (1973)...found it too powerfull,was only 11 years old,needed a footstool to get onboard...I was a few years older 15 when I swaped a hi fi system for my first bike Yam 50F5...blue..noisy....smelly, but I loved it....Then I had Francis Barnet 150cc,then a CG 125,a Yam 100 twin,then another Honda,this time a CM 200,we called it 'the duck... because of the funny duck like appearance of her...Then a 400 four Honda...The list goes on,but every one of those bikes became my pride and joy....later I had Suziki Gs 550 (poor electrics) a nice Kawasaki LTD 650, a Suziki Savage 400cc.....Spent last year commuting on an Sr 125 Yam...I enjoyed it so much,I took it on a five day trip (800 mls) along the west coast of Ireland...