1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

My first fun experience at a dealer (Sarcasm)

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by 08XModel, Jun 25, 2009.

1. 08XModel

08XModel New Member

Had a nice one today. Went in to buy a 6 1/2" windshield for the SG. I opened the shield and inspect before buying. I noticed two dirty spots and said this looks scratched. Parts guy said it should buff out and procedes to clean a new shield that shouldn't have anything on it but finger prints. I guess I was supposed to buy a dirty shield and hope the crap came off. By the time it was all buffed out and clean there was some nice scratches in it. I said to order me another one. Money is tight right now and I can't be wasting it on sub par equipment. I almost felt like an ahole for asking for another but the attitude I got was I should have bought it anyhow. It felt good to stand up to harley and not buy it because it was the only one. Sorry for the rant.
  2. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

That stinks. Good thing you checked it.

If that was your first bad experience with that dealer, I'd give them another chance. I worked for a dealership for a little while and returns are a pain, plus the owner was a real witch about every little thing that got returned. Could just be that the parts person was dreading it. Not saying he should take it out on you, but they might not be total jerks.

Of course if the dealer doesn't want to do what it takes to make a customer happy, especially in these times, then that isn't comforting.

Hope the next windshield is perfect.
  3. amf4399

amf4399 Active Member

For what Harley charges it better be perfect. Good for you for giving it back.
  4. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i have done the same........and probably will have to do it again!!!!
  5. Texas Road Glide

Texas Road Glide New Member

it's your hard earned money and the parts should be perfect, annnnnd they are there to provide a service. if the service is not to your standards, tell them, so maybe by some slim chance they can make changes, just for the record, i think you are smart to check out the product before leaving.

TRG
  6. big_jake57

big_jake57 Active Member

Make sure you check the next one too. I worked for a place once that was good at slipping the old part in the new box just to "fix the a'hole".