1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

My friend Yuliya got on TV

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Goose, Nov 17, 2005.

1. Goose

Goose New Member

She's the one with the little girl who died of leukemia that we had the ride for a few weeks back. She races with us in TMGP and CMRA. Austin TV did a spot with her and some other women that race a SV650 in CMRA endurance.

http://165.91.24.12/temp/Lunachix.wmv
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

that is cool.....im glad she is doing ok. im sure loosing a daughter is a terrible thing and my heart goes out to her...it is good too see that she is out and doing different things.....
    chuck
  3. Goose

Goose New Member

Yuli is a tough woman and she's got the most resilient personality. She's so emotionally strong, it's inspiring. But, I know she spent many a night crying her eyes out. When Sasha passed away, it hit everyone that knew them so hard. It was a tough time, but she wouldn't let anyone be down. She came right back and stronger than ever.

Her boy fiend/SO, whatever they call it now days... :D ... is Andy Mercer, runs "metric motorcycles" in Houston in the heights. He's got a good rep, does MC repair on metric stuff and I've got he and Yuli hooked on flat track lately, LOL. She went up to Connecticut or somewhere to take that American Supercamp course not long ago and Andy built her an XR100 tracker.

Yuli's a naturalized American citizen. She is a Russian Jew, was an English major in college, came to America after the USSR broke up, got a law degree, and now makes multi million dollar deals for America's top capitalist companies. ROF! Andy is South African, naturalized citizen. He doesn't appreciate being called Australian by those who don't know for some reason, LOL.

You'll notice, in her short interview, you can't really detect a Russian accent. Shame, cause I thought Barbera Bach in "the spy who loved me" was ultra sexy with that russian accent, LOL! But, if you talk to her long enough, you can get a hint of her Russian-ness there once in a while. She really speaks perfect English....for a wet back....ROF!
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2005