1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

My "hail" of a ride

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by Hot01, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

What is it with all the hail lately? Every day! I thought today would be different. I woke up and the sky was blue. Woohoo! I need some fabric for a t-shirt quilt I'm making for a customer, so I decided to scope out some shops up in Estes Park. The clouds rolled in pretty quickly. I managed to make it down to Lyons with only a few run-ins with rain drops.

I was in a quilt shop there, standing in line to get some fabric, when I heard thunder. I looked out and the sky was really dark. I put the fabric back and got out to the bike to head east, out of the storm. No such luck. The started coming down really hard, really quickly. There was a custom shop just ahead that I'd never stopped at before. I pulled in and parked the bike, and this guy came out and told me to pull it under the porch roof. :cool: As soon as I got the bike in, it started hailing.

We were talking for a little, and then I remembered that my clutch isn't kicking in until the lever is way out, so I asked him if they did work on plain old motorcycles like mine (really sweet custom bikes built there). The guy pulled it in back then came out and we chatted some more. Turned out he was the owner. By the time the rain let up, it was done. No charge.

How cool is that? I'm still trying to figure out how I can be so lucky. :D
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

said it before....ya got the knack of bringing out the best in folks and that little angel riding on your shoulder dont hurt either!!!!! glad ya didnt get pelted by the hail, that stuff hurts!!!!!! guess yesterday wasnt one of the 300 days of sunshine!!

was ya riddin neked???? lol lol lol
  3. mwelych

mwelych Active Member

Hail does hurt... Did it only once and that was enough... Cool that you were able to get the bike outta the hail... Can be damaging... Watched it shatter a few windshileds while stationed at Ft Carson...:)
  4. 1988flhtc in nfld

1988flhtc in nfld New Member

so hot 01 what was the problem with the clutch? my bike is the same , cant seem to adjust it out???
  5. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I don't know. I don't like to hang around mechanics when they're working. Bad etiquette. :roflmao: I assume it has something to do with when I installed the easy clutch, but honestly, in 83,000 miles, I don't know that it's ever been done.