1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

My kit arriverd today

Discussion in 'CVP Stage 1 Tuners Kit' started by cowboy, Jul 22, 2010.

1. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Thank's Ken it came in today , will try to install it this weekend , with my bro-in-law ,& let you'll know how muck it helps his ride :cool:
  2. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

which kit?
  3. cowboy

the stage 1 kit for the CV carn from ken ,I'am going to put in my bro-in-laws 2000 S glide just did a 95 in kit & SE 203 cams & his thunder slide carb kit just ain't enough has top end miss , got the low end miss & most of the back fire out , so now the EZ adj & jet kit should do the trick
  4. cowboy

well we got the stage 1 kit installed today all went well & bike runs better except one little dael the air fule mix screw was so tight it broke the head broke off , so we tried to drill & tap no go so we tried a easy out & it turned a little then the easy out broke off in the hole :banghead::gah:we left it alone & put the carb back on the bike & we going to look for a decent priced used Cv carb or just the body of one & put all his parts on it
  5. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

And some were saying it was so lose thatit was pratical falling out.
  6. cowboy

LMAO not this one :banghead:I told my bro-in-law I seen one on C list & he did a search & found it it came off a 05 & the guy said he had it replaced at the dealer with a aftermarket carb when he bought the bike new & only asking $40 so he's on his way to pick it up right now :cool:
  7. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

if this deal falles through, I have an old carb I can send you. You pay the shipping. PM me if you need it.
  8. cowboy

Thank's But this deal went real good , the guy bought a new wide glide back in 04 ,& had the dealer put a after market carb on it , I don't think the new carb even had any gas in it at anytime , we bench it & installed the stage 1 kit & put it on his bike ,& the idel was the only thing he had to rest ,I told him the follow the directions to the letter & he did ,took it for a short ride about 8-10 miles & came back with a grin from ear to ear :D
  9. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

CV's are hard to beat when set up correctly, I've had aftermarket on bikes I have perviously owned and I prefer the CV, my Indy Shop guy just can't seem to understand why, they just work better and get better fuel mileage. Glad he is happy. :)