1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

My new retirement plan

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by 2fastnaz, Apr 24, 2008.

1. 2fastnaz

2fastnaz Moderator

If you had purchased $1000.00 of Nortel stock one year ago, it would now be worth $49.00.
    With Enron, you would have $16.50 left of the original $1,000
    With WorldCom, you would have less than $5.00 left.
    If you had purchased $1,000.00 of Delta Air Lines stock you would have $49.00
    If you had purchased United Airlines, you would have nothing left.

But, if you had purchased $1,000.00 worth of beer one year ago, drank all the beer, then turned in the cans for the aluminum recycling refund you would have $214.00.

Based on the above, the best current investment advice is to drink heavily and recycle

This is called the 401-Keg Plan.:cool:
  2. SK

SK New Member

:roflmao: works for me!
  3. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

cheers!!!! burrrp!!!!
  4. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Thank's for all the math work , Now I can show the cowgirl I'am married too to prove I have a plan already in progres :roflmao:
  5. maxpower_hd

maxpower_hd Active Member

Well I'm already on that plan but the cans always seem to find their way into the recycle bin.

Plus if you invest too much your liver starts to hurt.:D
  6. FriendGregory

FriendGregory New Member

Not the worst joke but, all kidding aside, saving / recycling when you can is a good idea.
    I find a real retirement is what I have learned that a bunch of you guys have going on, government jobs that have retirement in 20 years of service; the most common source, the military. My co worker had to put up with plenty of inconvenience to get his 20 years in but, he and his family are well traveled, had great pay years when deployed, and is now retired and getting most of it tax free due to disabilities that are(as far as I am concerned) just part of aging. He is a great guy and works more because he can than he has to. His kids get collage benefits due to his service. The service has its' burden but, also solid benefits.
    I wanted to serve but, was not allowed, pissed me off, I am sure I would have really made the best of it.

I prefer hard liqueur, what will a Macallan Single Malt Scotch bottle bring in?
  7. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

scallywags, loafers and moochers, never bring it out in public!

Or unless I'm invited....:D