1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

My soldier wrote back

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Hot01, Feb 16, 2008.

1. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I'm very excited. I hadn't heard from the soldier I adopted and I was starting to think I'd go to the post office and try to make the insurance claim. At least then I'd know if the package made it to him.

I got an e-mail from him this morning. He says he loves the quilt. I guess it's winter over there too, so it's nice to have it. He apologized for not writing quicker, but I told him not to worry about. I'm just happy to know he got the package. He said the motorcycle magazine was grabbed before he had a chance to look at it. I sent an American Iron, but he said that most of the guys are into crotch rockets, so I guess that's what I'll send next time.

:D
  2. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

Glad to hear that you had communication with him!!!

he said that most the guys are into the crotch rockets....but what is HE into?? you don't need to supply them ALL!! Glad he likes the quilt. I know that Balad Iraq had snow sometime over the december timeframe, so it DOES get chilly/cold there! By the time I get there, I will have the other problem....it will be 120-140 degrees......
  3. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Good to here he doing good for where he's at , & like AFN said what does he like ? I guess it wont matter what you sen they all will like it cause it's a taste of home , I remember when someone got a care packet from home we all shaired & it did'nt matter , be sure to let him know we here do want to thank him & his buddys for there service :cool:
  4. gutierg

gutierg New Member

When are you schedule to deploy? Are you planning on keeping us informed about your experience there? Be careful brother and if we can do anything for you, just drop a note and we'll do whatever it takes to help out.

Good luck to you and your company!

Regards,
    German
  5. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

I will leave around the first week of may....give or take a day or so..... Not sure yet what the internet access will be, so make no promises on keeping everyone "up to date" other then the I am leaving and I am back messages.... I will get on if/when I can when there tho!
  6. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

Ditto everyone else's sentiments AF, If we can do anything to help out, please let me/us know....Be safe! (also please express to every other serviceman there how much we appreciate their service for us!)