1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

My Springer by Y2KHD

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Y2KHD, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Y2KHD

Y2KHD New Member

Thanks for the response and welcome. I'm not the most computer savy
    biker, so I hope everything is okay with my password and name so the site
    will always recognize them. I like these new bright light rear light assemblies,
    but it appears they don't offer a "tombstone shaped" one for a 2000 HD springer???
  2. Y2KHD

Y2KHD New Member

Re: Welcome Y2KHD to Bike Talk

How long do you need to use that label up there "newbie" since I have ridden
    all my life as well as being a professional who used to teach m/c clinics???
  3. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

:roflmao::roflmao: Newbie to forums though I assume??? :roflmao: After 10 posts it changes to something different. Welcome to Bike Talk.. :D
  4. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Sorry I was not the one with the info for the bright rear light. My 2001 Springer still has the stock tail light one it. I would be interested in a Bright Ass tail light for the Springer also.
    As I said I believe Cardboard on here may have put one on his bike.

So how do you like your Springer and how many miles you have on it. Once you get I believe 6 posts here you can post a picture of it. :)
  5. Y2KHD

Y2KHD New Member

FLHTbiker:

Thank you all for the responses. I especially wanted to contact you if indeed you reside
    near Carver,OR. I love my Springer and it looks like it could be related to yours if that
    bike is yours in the above pic in your section. It had only 6k on it and not bad for a 2000
    FLSTS or FXSTS, I can't remember crap anymore. Anyway I couldn't pass it up for $9500. I live up in Welches,OR. so at some point I was hoping maybe to meet you for
    coffee say at that Hangar Burger there in Carver, if the weather ever clears enough. I
    love that ride down from Estacada to Carver along the Clackamas River.
  6. FLHTbiker

Yep, that is my bike, has around 44,000 on it now. I do indeed live just up from Carver. I will be at the Echo Inn in Carver this evening around 5. Bunch of us usually stops there for a beer or coffee, have some dinner ( great steaks if you are a steak eater). If its raining like today I'll drive the HHR down their. We even sometimes go to the Hanger across the street. Welches is cool place, been through there many times. Are you guys getting snow today?
  7. Y2KHD

Y2KHD New Member

Thanks for the quick response. I was trying to post a pic of my bike here, but not being
    that computer savy, it didn't work. Anyway, thanks for the invite, no snow here but
    lots of rain. If the wife wasn't down sick, I would be there. So keep me posted and maybe next time. I really want to see and hear about your bike, etc. The pics you posted also look so inviting. I'm still trying to decide whether to keep my special plate
    Y2KHD as they want almost $150 for 2 years vs $48 for a regular plate that I could use
    the other money for parts instead?? Plus the special plates are too easy for the smokies
    to remember the numbers. Please stay in touch and thanks for all the advice.
  8. Y2KHD

Y2KHD New Member

Thanks Johnny for all the info and advice!!!
  9. FLHTbiker

Keep coming back on bike talk and after 6 posts you should be able to post a pic of your bike. Would love to get together with you. I'm pretty much retired now so am available. There is a couple other guys that come on here once in a while that also live down here.
  10. Y2KHD

Y2KHD New Member

Okay, Brother, as soon as we get a clear day to ride I'll meet you at the Hanger for
    a burger and coffee if that will work for you??? Thanks for the fellowship.
  11. FLHTbiker

We'll do that and looking forward to meeting up with you. Never know we may have bumped into each other at Latus.
    You should have enough posts now to put up a pic.
  12. Y2KHD

Y2KHD New Member

Sorry, for using that term to address you against the forum rules. I just figured most motorcyclists to be my brothers in the wind unless demonstrated to the contrary. I'll try to post that pic soon!
  13. FLHTbiker

Huh, I don't think anyone here is worried about that.:)
  14. Y2KHD

Y2KHD New Member

Like you said it must take more postings before the forum will accept a copy/paste of
    the pic to this portion of the forum??? Once I get it up I will appreciate any advice you
    might offer to improve the overall appearance of the bike. Thank you again.
  15. FLHTbiker

You can't copy and past here. When writing a post you can scroll down to a button that says manage attachments and open it. You will see where you can upload a pic, do that then hit the upload button. Then after it is uploaded close that window at the bottom and it will return you to your post you are working on. Once back then you can hit the post button and the picture will automatically show up.
  16. Y2KHD

Y2KHD New Member

17. Y2KHD

Y2KHD New Member

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2013
  18. Y2KHD

Y2KHD New Member

I'm sorry guys if I screwed this attachment file up above.
  19. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

One thing that FLHT did forget to tell you that there is a file size limit for anything you post, especially pictures. You may have to downsize the pic to get it to work. If you have a photobucket account, copy the IMG code and post it here, a lot easier and then you don't have to resize the photo. I hope this helps.
  20. FLHTbiker

You didn't screw it up but I fixed it for you so that it is showing on your post. Nice looking bike looks like the same color as my 01. Very nice, what mufflers do you have on it.