1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

My sunday !!! going home from daytona

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by baggerpaul, Oct 17, 2011.

1. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

:witsend:well get up on sunday head to the dealer to see whats going on . and to pick up some stuff at the kurayakan booth . had the top of my bags re shot on thursday . and the stripes needed to be redone . the wiz was there had them done and the front faring as well . looked awesome was happy ate some lunch headed for the house long ride and weather was gettin crapy . kicked the bike in the ass stop in west palm to fill up theres like ten bikes and one car we all pull in together . cars in front of me he sees all the bikers and hauls tail in side to pay so he can get in line first for fuel . and get out ! dont want to be around all these bikers . well in the rush to go inside he forgets to put it in gear or set the e brake !!! car is now rolling towards my bike the guy be hind me gets out of the way so i can back up . i start to back up as fast as i can cause i can go forward . im blocked from going forward to guys run towards the car to stop the momentum . i slip on oil from some other ass holes car and loose my footing and the bike starts to go down and pins my leg to the gas pump and my foot under the floor board and do all i can not to drop my bagger at 800 plus pounds loaded !! my farin is now laying against the pump getting trashed . but i did not drop it thank god . i had no power from the angle that i was in against the pump to lift it . thank god one of the other guys grabed the crash bar and helped me get some angle and my foot from under the floor board and lift it . never the less saved the rest of the tins . and to say the least i did not have a chance to to the guy . he got out of there before the guys killed him!!!! dont think he got any fuel !~ i never met any of these gu6ys before but they sure were a bunch of help . just another friendly bunch of bikers willing to give a hand . thanks boys ! so much for the nice pin stripes.
  2. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

How is your foot and leg????
  3. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

glad you didn't get hurt bad..hopefully someone got the guy's plate so he can pay for the **** he caused. Those big touring rigs can be heavy when they go down.
  4. baggerpaul

sore the faring hurts worse its at the body shop now i cant look at it any more . thats what the boys that help me asked as well . ithought they were gonna kill the guy . i should have looked were i put my feet but in the rush ijust started to push . thanks for askin .
  5. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

cool, glad you are ok. Do you have any pictures or can't bear to look period??:banghead:
  6. baggerpaul

im pissed at him for not being carefull and lettin the car roll but its my fault for not lookin down were my feet were in i allways do that , im glad the guy left those were some big boys and i hate to see some one get there ass kicked for something they did not mean to do you know what i mean? and i droped it he did not it would have not happened if he had not done that . what can you do it was a long ride home to say the least.
  7. baggerpaul

ya ill post them once its painted ill feel better :roflmao: the pin stipes were nice not so much now .all that weight up against the farin and it did not crack ! i was holding on for dear life as well.
  8. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Sorry we missed meeting up, I didn't get up there till late Sat Afternoon and went home early, not much time in Daytona, heck there wasn't that much going on.

Saw a few vendors boobs, and bikes
  9. baggerpaul

ya ill second that !! next time we will meet up with charlie as well .
  10. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about your Sunday adventure. That can really put the damper on a good weekend. Next year I hope to be fired and then we all can meet! (Can't quit, the OL will kill me!
  11. baggerpaul

i hear ya dont quit the obama plan sucks ! i guess charlie did not have a great one from his post on the trany deal . pops out of 6 ? what the hell is going on man this dude sucks at this point!!!
  12. charlie46

charlie46 Well-Known Member

Sorry about your misshap. Of course it could have been worse(broken bones) I know you know that & probablly sick of heaing it. Sucks bad though. Next year huh?
  13. baggerpaul

ya man! Ill wear my pirate hat while we drink mr morgan . Whats up with the trany? Shifter adjusment maybe off a bit?
  14. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

sorry to here about your bad mis hap , as long as all is good ,& you can't always see where you plant your feet , I know first hand about stepping in oil except I had the OL on back :(
  15. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Paul, stop apologizing for something that's not your fault. That guy was a total jerk. Glad you didn't get hurt any worse and hope your OK.:)
  16. baggerpaul

thats gotta suck !if my wife was on the back as well there aint no way i could have kept it of the ground . shes only 120 but that would have pushed it over the edge.
  17. baggerpaul

I hear ya . it hurts my pride more. i never droped a bike .And this bike was just starting to look like i wanted . any way thanks guys hip is sore today take some advil and get to work thats my thinking . see what we can get done at the shop today . see ya have an awesome day boys !!!!!:D
  18. charlie46

Well although you aren't at fault,"the'res 2 kinda bikers,those who dropped they're bikes and those who will!"
  19. baggerpaul

ya but its hurts just as bad like when you drop the baby after a week home from the hospital :roflmao:
  20. charlie46

:roflmao:Yeah that's what kept happenin' to little bro Steveski:roflmao: