1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Natchez Trace

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by Mayor, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Mayor

Mayor New Member

We are interested in riding the Natchez Trace starting this Thursday and getting back Sunday.....From Nashville to Natchez and across maybe into La. and back up to Northeast Al....Anyone rode the Natchez Trace.....Input would be appreciated!
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2009
  2. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Mayor - Now I'm gettin jealous - I'm still frozen in and can't even get my ride out until the ground thaws. This NE Indiana weather is a real bummer. At least I got power to the shop this week and will be starting on the mods for the ride later this week. Have a good ride and we'll see ya at the SMOKEY MOUNTAIN BIKE WEEK.
  3. Mayor

Mayor New Member

Don`t know if we are going on the Natchez Trace Parkway, but, we are going somewhere to get around 800 miles in. Our weather sux right now but gets in the 60 and low 70 starting Thursday. (Toni gets off at 2 Thursday) We got about 21,000 miles is last year and now Toni has her own trike I hope to do more this year....I think the Natchez is something like the Blue Ridge..We loved most of it....Maybe someone that has rode it will tell us how it is....If is is not good we will most likely end up in the Smoky`s again!!!

Noticed you have put more information under you avatar......thanks, now I know more about where you live....
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2009
  4. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i have riddin a small portion of the trail, southern part. it was a great ride!!! i have friends that have ridden the whole thing and had a great time. i would put it up there with the blueridge....i have ridden that a few times from top to bottom....if ya get the chance to ride the trace, i would do it......
  5. fujimo

fujimo New Member

trace

we rode it for the second time last year,,,not sure how much time you want to spend,,,but,,,if no hurry ,,,ride the whole thing,,, lots of history there and great scenery,,,, normal for us to come out of d.c. and ride blu ridg,,,than trace,,,or come up from south,,,sometimes we get off and wander elsewhere,,,appall smokeys etc,,,dont pass up the chance to ride it,,,,pops
  6. Mayor

Mayor New Member

Thanks for the input....guess we will ride it. Need to get my wife some time on her trike....Daytona was just too long and busy till she gets more riding time in... We can ride the southern 300 miles, go back into Mobile or New Orleans and get about 800 miles total...Thanks again for the input...
  7. rfought

rfought New Member

Traveling on the Natchez Trace Parkway

One of the posts asked if the Natchez Trace Parkway was a good route for motorcycles. When the weather is nice you often will see more motorcycles on the Trace than automobiles.

Single riders, pairs of cyclists and often groups of several cyclists.

The scenery is excellent of course. There are no semi-trucks on the Trace. No stop signs/stop lights. There are off-ramps to intersecting roads which makes all types of traveling (motorcycles, autos and bicycles) very safe.

Plus, there are restrooms located on the Trace every so often.

A good website that has information, location (including maps) and picture of every Trace stop is Natchez Trace Bed and Breakfast Reservation Service. The site also has information about bed and breakfasts located along the Trace.
  8. Mayor

Mayor New Member

Missed my trip to Natchez....(this time)...will catch it on the next good long weekend......One of my police made a mistake and I had to get it fixed before I could leave!!!!.......Did get to log around 500 miles Sat. and today.....Went to Birmingham, Al. at the Barber Motorsports Museum today.....Worth the trip if you are anywhere close.....Most any kind of bike you have ever thought of. Was really a trip looking at the Cushmans and the Honda 50`s I started on in 1959.....Dang they seemed biger back then.....Maybe I was smaller when I was 10 or 11 years old......Worth the price!!!