1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Need a Jockey Shift Kit

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by gunther, May 26, 2004.

1. gunther

gunther New Member

Got a 2000 FXST, and I want to Jockey Shift it.

I had a kit all picked out from Fusion Bike Works, but they don't seem to be selling them anymore.

The kit had a locking toe clip so you could lock the clutch down if you had to in an emergency (I've heard it referred to as a Mouse Trap).

Anyone have any idea where I can get a simple kit like this, for cheap?

I don't want to spend $500 on a kit because it says Ness or Custom Chrome on it. I've seen cheap kits, but none have the mouse trap on them.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
  2. gunther

gunther New Member

I found out this is called a Rocker Clutch. Still having a hard time finding one that will mount on a 2000 FXST. If anyone knows of one, I'd appreciate the info.

Thanks!
  3. sledmedic

sledmedic New Member

Suicide Clutch & Jockey Shifts

Gunther,

Try this guy out and see what he says. My old generator shovel has a suicide set up and I love it!! I'm going to convert my Nighttrain too. Here is the guys website:
    http://www.lajockeyshifter.com/labriola_machine3_001.htm

Hope that helps a bit! E-mail him at least and see what he thinks, he may be able to fab something for you.
    Good luck. :cool: