1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Need advice

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by ruffrider11, Oct 12, 2007.

1. ruffrider11

ruffrider11 New Member

The adjustment nut for my enrichener cable has broken. Has any one ever had to change this cable ? how difficult was it ? I dont think you can replace the adjustment nut only, I cant see a way to take off the pull knob. All advice is appreciated :confused:
  2. duke76

duke76 New Member

The cable has to be replaced, It isnt to bad to do.
  3. goats_hogs

goats_hogs New Member

You might be able to take off the cable at the carb end, and slide a new nut over to the knob side that way. I don't have any bikes with stock carbs anymore, just going by memory. (which isn't what it use to be!)
  4. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

the plastic nut is not replacable, but the steel one is.....and a pretty easy job to change out the whole thing......piece of cake!!:)
  5. ruffrider11

ruffrider11 New Member

Thanks , the nut is plastic and I had the air cleaner plate off looking and It would be very difficult to get my big fat bent fingers back behind where it connects I will just remove the carb and buy the cable. I want to thank everyone for all the advice. Every time I post and no matter how simple my question is I get replies right away It is appreciated
  6. ringo912

ringo912 Active Member

If you remove your seat and the rear gas tank bolt you will be able to swing the tank up. This will give you a lot more room to work. I use a small piece of a 2x4 to hold the tank up. Be carefull not to raise it to high as the front of the tank will contact your forks.
  7. VYBR8ER

VYBR8ER New Member

The Lord gave me fishsticks instead of fingers and I can still change the enrichner cable by removing the aircleaner, pulling the carb from the gasket on the manifold and rolling it forward with everything still connected. You do have to change the whole cable when there is a problem with the plastic adjuster or if it doesn't want to stay tight enough to hold the knob out when pulled. Just don't tighten the metal nut too tight when reinstalling the cable or you will be buying a second one. Been there, done that.