1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Need carb advice for a 95" TCB

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Silverbullet, Sep 13, 2004.

1. Silverbullet

Silverbullet New Member

I'm looking to do a big bore kit for a twin cam Duece. I kind of want to stay with HD parts due to my 7 year warranty. I was looking at the HTCC heads,screaming eagle 211 cams and 10.5:1 compression. My dealer said I should go with the Mikuni 42mm carb and I wanted to get some thoughts on this as well as the overall combo. I have the Ness big sucker with the stock carb now, will the mikuni easy kit work with this or do I need to purchase another Big sucker? I'm looking for a fun, dependable ride with about 100hp/100lbft. Thanks for any input.
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

CV 44 and big bore intake would be my choice, nothing wrong with the mik it will give a good performance feel.

You might want to hold off until you run the bike with the cv40 and stock intake, see how it performs, to get to 100/100 you'll probably need a larger carb.
  3. Silverbullet

Silverbullet New Member

Thanks for the input, looking at the numbers your bike put down I'm guessing you might know a little about this stuff! Thanks.
  4. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

well I've spent a lot to learn what others already know, you will get a lot of good advice.

First option is always to change the carb. With a strong 88 or mild 95 the cv40 is a good option but when you get into the 100+ range you need to consider bigger flow. The HSR is a great carb the one I had hit hard and really pulled, HSR45 the 42 is still probably a better carb on a 95,

I have a cv51 on the 116 and like it, better than the super g which is a great carb but old school tech.

Bobby woods does mods to cv carbs he could make your 40 work great on a 95 IMHO.