1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Need New Seat

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by bdfin, Aug 27, 2007.

1. bdfin

bdfin New Member

Well after now taking my first decent road trip on my 02 wideglide I am very happy with the way it ran but here is my issue. The stock seat is comfortable enough but being semi tall and long 6' 1" , I feel like my center of gravity is too high when going into corners and I have to slow down and straighten the bike up some to get through them instead of finding the groove and making the arc through the corner. I'm not talking about speeding through corners, just taking them normally. Can you lower yourself more than inch or so with a new seat and would I feel the difference in cornering? Also leg wise it has the standard foward control setup from the factory and you have to lay your legs across the pegs on the long straight runs. Is anybody with a WG using any of those adapters for another set of pegs farther foward without the engine guard(s) that actually work.
  2. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

I have the HD forward position seat. That won't work for you, obviously you're taller than me, I'm 5'-6", but it does lower you about 1". I also don't have that problem with the forward controls either, I only added heel rests and mine is good. It handles well but I also lowered it 1-1/2" with progressive shocks. That's all I got for ya. You might want to check the HD catalog for some seat ideas, that's where I found mine. Good luck.
  3. fxdxsteve

fxdxsteve Active Member

you might try pulling the cover off your seat and trimming back the padding and then put the cover back on
  4. Ultra Al

Ultra Al New Member

I have a Mustang seat that has a nice low profile. They are comfortable enough but they are pricey. AL

Attached Files:

5. bdfin

bdfin New Member

Thanks for chiming in guys. I went to the stealership today and checked out a couple options (bought a screw for a dollar). They are nice enough there and the guy gave me a mustang catalog and also mentioned HD makes a seat that would move me back a couple inches. I can get a 3" extention kit to move the controls forward another 3 inches, which would help straighten the legs some and bring the knees down......only a mere 179.00 for two chrome plates and longer linkage rods. They did have some of the Mustang seats there and said if I wanted to try one they will let you bolt it on and take it for a ride and see what ya think. VC, I think the shock idea might be a good plan too. An inch here and there I think would help alot.
  6. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Corbin makes lower profile hard cell foam seats, they are not soft open cell foam like on a stock HD seat.

Expensive but very nice.

Mustangs are nice and have a closed cell foam as well, you should go to a seat dealer for the products and have one put on to see how it fits you.
  7. faceracer

faceracer New Member

Corbin seats

I love corbin seats and run them on every Harley I have owned. You need to look at the Gunfighter and gunfighter and lady seats. I have the 2nd one on my 2001 low rider. I rode to Sturgis 3 times on it 600 plus miles a day and love it. They are not cheap but well worth the price. You should also check out the froward controls that Accutronics sells. The come in stock position, 1-1/2" extended and 3" extended. I have the 3" extended on my low rider and love them. I get lots of coments on them. Best looking controls on the market.

Face