1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Need oil change info

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Silverbullet, Oct 9, 2004.

1. Silverbullet

Silverbullet New Member

Just bought the wife a FXDWG and have not bought a service manual yet. There is about 3 drain plugs on a cast aluminum pan under the bike. Which one is for engine oil,if any. I'm just trying to change the oil.
  2. ffflhtcui

ffflhtcui New Member

This applies to a twin cam only. I don't know about the pre '99 evo.

The engine oil plug is located on the left rear "side" of the pan. The transmission oil drain plug is located on the bottom of the pan sort of middle right. Both plugs can be removed using either a socket or allen wrench.

If you have the small owner's manual, it shows a picture in it also.

Hope that helps. :)
  3. Silverbullet

Silverbullet New Member

Thanks! That does help. I appreciate it.
  4. shovel66

shovel66 New Member

What do you ride?

Hey Silverbullet,
    What do you ride? You said you got your wife the wide glide. Are you tired of her taking your scoot out for a ride while you are at work? ;)
    shovel66
  5. Silverbullet

Silverbullet New Member

I've got a 100th ann. Duece. She took the mc course and decided she'd like one of her own. I got such a great deal on this one, I couldn't pass it up.
  6. shovel66

shovel66 New Member

Sportster

My wife got a brand new 883 Sportster Custom in 1999. After a couple years she wanted something that would "keep up with the crowd" a little better. I converted it to 1200 with ported and polished heads and a few other performance mods. Now it screams pretty good and will definately beet my old Shovel.
    Now she is toying around with stepping up to a Big Twin. Just hasn't decided which route to take. I really don't want to get rid of the Sporty because I like tooling around on town and taking short trips on. Oh well, it's her bike after all.
    Later,
    Shovel66
  7. Silverbullet

Silverbullet New Member

My wife really wants the new softail deluxe. But, I'll be darn if I was going to spend 19k on a first bike until I see her ride for a while. The Deluxe is a great chick/short person bike because of the low seat height and no vibration.After she rides this for a year or so,if she still wants the deluxe,I'll get it for her. Lord knows I've had plenty of toys over the years! :D