1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Need opinions (EVO)

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by desertdawg42, Jun 5, 2012.

1. desertdawg42

desertdawg42 New Member

I have a chance to trade my 06 roadglide for a custom 94 street glide with an EVO motor. The bike is tricked out to the max. Pistons,cams,raked out and all the body work you can think of. Never really liked the way my rg handled and loved my street glide i had before. Just wondering about the motor and the air ride suspension.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  2. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

I think Street Glides came out in 04 so your probably looking at a stripped down Ultra. You can easily upgrade the suspension system to more modern shocks if it don't ride right but the rear axle is a 3/4 inch diameter (not that it means anything really). Your 06 is 1 inch dia. and a six speed vs a 5 speed. As far as the engine is really depends on how it's built, how much hp compared to what your used too etc.

attach some pics though.
  3. desertdawg42

desertdawg42 New Member

i added some photos
  4. bigg824

bigg824 New Member

it is a great motor.in harleys from 1983 to 1999
  5. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

Wow! That is radical. It definitely a 90 era bike, I can tell by the front single piston brake caliper and he removed the right side disc so you only have one brake on the front, beware of that.

This thing has so many changes that if I where you I would want to ride it before I bought it to make sure you like it. Unless he is giving it away then it may be fun to have.
  6. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Just an opinion but that looks more like a trailer queen rather than an everday rider. But to each there own.. Nice looking ride though..:cool:
  7. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

I'm with JB, and especially if they guy wants a straight-up trade. You may be getting an even less happy ride with that.
  8. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

So heres the test, Dollar for dollar
    what's he want $$$
    what's your's worth $$$

Nothing against Evos but there are 100,000's of thousands more TC's
    on the road, lot more parts, lot more R&D, lot more you can do to them.

Unless you want a slammed custom Ultra, I'd just trade the RG for
    a similar value newer TC Street Glide...

It's a cool looking bike.
  9. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

your crazy to give up a road glide for an evo street glide wanabe . he has lots of money invested for sure but you have a much better bike thats worth much more change the faring and bars on the road toad and you got a street glide . same frame !
  10. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

I'm with these guys. I'm sure the custom bike has got a lot of money tied up in it but you have the better all around motorcycle. This may sound a little funny but [up this way at least] if a person wanted to sell a bike , a stock, or one that hasn't had a lot of changes , including paintwork is easier to sell for decent money.
  11. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Don't do it. Sure it's sharp looking but... I see headaches.
  12. JustDennis

JustDennis New Member

Nice looking bike. I like the EVO but I would have a hard time giving up some of the more modern features you have. Spend the money to get your bike like you want it. As mentioned, street glides came out much later than that so that probably started life as an Ultra.
  13. bguillory66

bguillory66 Active Member

I agree with Baggerpaul, I'd keep the RG and turn it into a SG if thats what you want...would end up with a better ride JMO:cool: