1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Need to contact someone in Petersburg Va.

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by misput, Jan 20, 2018.

1. misput

misput New Member

Need to find someone in the Petersburg, Va. area to check out a bike I found online and might like to buy. I live in the St Louis Mo. area and would be glad to pay you for your time. Call 636-257-2060 or email jimmollie@hotmail.com

Thanks, Jim
  2. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Sorry no one has been able to help so far. Figured I'd bump it again. Anyone out there to help?

Jim, if you want to tell us what you're looking for, we may be able to find you something as good or better...just a thought.
  3. misput

misput New Member

Thanks Red, I am looking for an 04/06 1200 Sportster with damage that I can buy, repair and make a few bucks on. I found one in Virginia, 880 miles but that's just too far away, even if I could get someone to inspect it. I am in Pacific Mo..
  4. Red Rider

Price range?

EFI matter?
  5. misput

misput New Member

Wholesale on 04/06 is about 2500 I think, anything from there down depends mainly on amount of damage. I can handle scratch, dented tin, upholstery and easily remove and replace items and have in the past successfully straightened a bent frame. I do not want to deal with EFI plus they don't do the potato, potato. I am 78, retired, love Sportys and mainly looking for a project.
    Red Rider likes this.
  6. Red Rider

Nowhere near you, but I'll keep an eye open for an opportunity, and hopefully others will, too.

Love your attitude, hope you find a project soon.
  7. misput

misput New Member

Thank you!