1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Need to know where I can get Black pipes

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Ddemo12, Jun 24, 2004.

1. Ddemo12

Ddemo12 New Member

I have a new FXDXI Dyna Super Glide Sport and I need to know where I can get Black pipes or who powder coats them? Any suggestions? Colorado based!
  2. Captianr43

Captianr43 New Member

Black pipes

Hello. Most custom shops sell black pipes out of the catalogs such as Mustang, V twin etc.. The least expensive way to have it done is to do it yourself. A few cans of Hi-Temp paint from your local shop or auto parts store will do the trick. The theory is to bake on powder coating, so running the scoot at temp seems to work. The only small set back to this is ithat the coating scratches easily, so keep a can or 2 from the same lot# at your disposal.It has worked for me for many years. Hope this helps.
    Captr
  3. Wick

Wick New Member

I just had mind done , I have a set of 2into2 supertrap they are stainless
    so I had them black powered coated. Cost was 160.00 which I thought
    was a little high. thunderheader makes a set 2into1 which they claim
    are ceramic coated. which I wanted but everyone I spoke to said they
    don't have black ceramic yet? I hpoe this help.
  4. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Found a shop that would coat my Thunderheader they do racing headers equipment etc. $150 including the sandblasting of the chrome and covering the pipe in black, they also have an aluminum type coating.

Find a racing motor shop or performance shop in your area they may know of someone that can do it.