1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Ness Big Sucker Blow By

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by navyman, Sep 26, 2005.

1. navyman

navyman New Member

I installed a Ness Big Sucker on my '04 Road King (fuel injected). After having ridden about 500 miles over the weekend, I removed the filter. There is a small amount of oil running down the mounting plate. Is this a concern? I may call Ness tomorrow.
  2. Killer-B

Killer-B New Member

Blow-by

Hey there navyman, is the oil redish or darkish? I don’t know much about the Ness Big Sucker but, if it has the K&N filter that you oil up with(redish oil), you can sometimes over oil the filter, and it will drip down on you. Also, that is usually where your crank vents, you might have some excessive blow-by. Hope this helps.
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2005
  3. navyman

navyman New Member

It was definitely engine oil, not the red oil used to coat the filter. It was a small amount that did could not be seen until the filter was removed. It may not be a problem, but I am going to keep an eye on it. I will probably do a lot of riding this weekend, so I'll see what happens.
  4. CD

CD Guest

Some blow by is to be expected. This is most likely a small amount not pulled into the venturi.
  5. navyman

navyman New Member

CD,

I think you are right. It really was a small amount, time will tell. Thanks