1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Never seen this happen before but it did to me

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by baggerpaul, Aug 14, 2011.

1. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

well got the new slide installed and out for a ride i go. runs fine pulles great . im out on 75 so there is no one around wide open i go . pulls to 117 awesome . get off on 27 south off for a cup of joe , stalls . ok no big deal reset the idle maybe . or give the ez turn another little bump out as i only had it at 1/1/2 out . thought it may be alittle lean . with a 46 slow jet the idle was great before . ah anything is possible. thought maybe a small piece of trash got threw the carb iwas at wide open for quite a bit. all these thoughts go around in your head when your a wrench. kind of hard to explain if your not a wrench. if you are normal thing . lol. well look down to the ez adjust its gone!!!! with only that little out off the seat . i guess the spring tension was not enough to hold it against the threads. but i have had these on sevral bikes for other guys never has one fell out while i was test riding and have been installed for quite some time. well got home had the old packing and oring . and she is fine but that will driveme crazy for a long time threds are good in the carb . i had a new spring and packing kit in the carb and i only had to have it out 1 /1/2 turns . i think my ego is hurt more than anthing else . i am a dam good wrench ! well ill go reset my air fuel mixture now see ya!:gah:
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2011
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

never heard of that either...............
  3. baggerpaul

Man i dont know if it was the fact that i was wide open and the engine vibes help loosen it up and it just worked its way out . i spent alot of time tweaking the carb just wright . had it a a 975 . sounded awesome great response . real smooth for an alpha motor . its an early model 2001 so there is no upper head mount they do shake a bit . but at 2000. they are very smooth it just has been driven me crazy. to the point that i put the old one in and went and haul ass again just to see if iit would back out . im f crazy.:banghead:
  4. chucktx

how did the screw feel when ya put it in????? the spring may have been weak or ya used the wrong one.........i have a carb building tray with spots for stuff....easy to grab the wrong one...........
  5. baggerpaul

it felt good and as far as i know all the cv springs packings and ez adjust screws are the same if anybody would know any diffrent it would be ken maybe he will chime in on the thred its fine now with the original one could not go 117 to much traffic got to 105 it did not fall out . should have seen the look on the sporty i past with a bagger at that speed:rolleyes:
  6. baggerpaul

:cool:ps the packing and the screw were brand new just got it from jp and they were cv performance parts . i dont care that the old ones back in . i just got spoiled with the ez adjust.:D
  7. chucktx

what i meant was....a spring from a different project may have got mixed up........glad all is good tho............
  8. baggerpaul

ya i know what you mean . i have done that before i try to allways clean off the tray before i start a new carb overhaul . i have mix up jets in the past .
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2011