1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

New 2008 Harley Davidson Rocker

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Peyts, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Peyts

Peyts New Member

Have you all seen the new 2008 lineup for Harley? What do you think about that new Rocker?
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

Ukin Fugly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I'm not crazy about it. They could have done a few things differently and it would have looked a lot better. The problem is, it would have been a cool bike that looks just like a thousand other cool bikes. I don't see paying the extra money for a "custom" (is this considered a CVO bike?) that isn't custom. I'm bummed that they cut the Softail Springer Classic out of the line.
  4. paco

paco New Member

I agree with chucktx,

CVO needs to come up with something original instead of half ass coping something someone else has done.

How about the new copper top paint scheme on the 08's. what were they thinkin ?

Just my opion and it could be in error and does't reflect the opions of anyone but paco ......
  5. Zorrick

Zorrick New Member

08 Screamin Eagles

has any one riden one of the Road King SE?
  6. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

what line is it in ? & whats a cvo ? Havent riden anything newer then my daughter's 04 sporty
  7. katoDWG

katoDWG New Member

I like the new Harley. It's pretty progressive for Harley. The 2 up seat leaves something to be desired, but other than that, it's pretty cool.
  8. mwelych

mwelych Active Member

CVO- Custom Vehicle Operations... I love my '96 FLSTC. It hasn't given me any major problems and she runs like a top. I plan on one more bike, something used. Most likely a Night Train (carb of course), and that should do me... Don't want or need anything new...:)
  9. Ultra Al

Ultra Al New Member

Not Impresssed! Is Willie G. going senile? AL
  10. ruffrider11

ruffrider11 New Member

08 Harleys

I'm not real impressed with the Rockers, I am dissapointed the the Road King Custom seems to be missing from the line up. I liked that one . I would really like to get a close up of the Dyna Fat Bob it looks good on the web. :cool:
  11. Ultra Al

Ultra Al New Member

Another thing Ive noticed is for 96 cubic inches they sure dont seem to make much torque or horsepower. Take a 96" S&S motor and your talking 100 HP. I have an '02 RK and the new bike fever set in but now that Ive given it some thought I think Id be better off to wait until I actually need a top end and then do the upgrades myself along with an S&S gear drive. Probably spend about the same amount of money but wind up with a fire breather. I really dont see that much advantage to a 6 speed either, My bike is under 3000 rpms at 70mph. How much engine life are you going to gain my cutting down by 500rpms vs the cost of a 6 speed? And last but not least I do my own painting so I can do a 1 off custom. Nope dont see a new RK in the cards for me. AL
  12. ridehard95

ridehard95 New Member

Joke

I think harley should have kept the EVO motor. Harley is getting to be just another bike they use to be a motorcycle what happen to there pride . I think all the new ones are sh#t. The one geart AMERICAN Thing left in this dam country and they got to Fu#k that up to. The feeling you got when you jumped on your first Harley is gone.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2007
  13. Ultra Al

Ultra Al New Member

In all fairness it is not all Harley's fault. A lions share goes to the tree hugging, patchouli oi stinking, Berkinstock wearing, grainola bar chomping environmental whacko's who buy politicians and push their stupid environmental agenda which is basically everybody riding bicycles and living in mud houses. Of course they would like to outlaw motorcycles entirely having our own safety and best intrests at heart, somebody has to protect us from ourselves after all. It is my understanding the twin cam could not use the gear drive system that S&S sells because they made too much noise for example. However, luckily, S&S has managed to at least temporarily comply with new environmental regs with some of their motors. The day is not too far off when your only option from Harley (or probably anybody) will be a more environmentally friendly (spell that burdened down with a bunch of tamper proof expensive crapola) version of the V-rod. And your only modification options will be custom paint which of course will have to be water based. A law is already in the works to stop us from buying chopper kits and rolling our own, sadly I think HD supports this. Hopefully my bikes will last as long as I do and will be grandfathered into the equation. There I've had my rant and I feel better. AL
  14. ridehard95

ridehard95 New Member

Don't get it

I know its not all harley but come on the goverment don't force them in to making a ugly motorcycle. Besides they got DAM Rice rockets that will break the fu#king sound barrier right off the show room floor . Harley is just looking more towards keeping there customers in there Harley shop for evry little thing.Its getting so you will have to bring it in to there shop for air in your tire or a $250 dallor oil change. Ya and while your there you can browes there store .Just what I need A $54 dollar T-shirt and a $16 dollar coffee mug and a $8 key chain.The real deal is $$$ thats what it is all about . Hay I under stand about making a buck it's the american way . But I am sorry I feel harley is turning there back on what made them I great AMERICAN MOTORCYCLE .And thats a bunch of guys that feel the same way I do.
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2007
  15. mwelych

mwelych Active Member

Gotta also remember that H-D isn't all american anymore... Lots of the parts are manufactured in China, India, and othar areas of the world. They are no longer "The American Bike..." Now Victory and Indian (making a comeback) are truely "American " made...:)
  16. Ultra Al

Ultra Al New Member

Is Indian making yet another comeback? I heard they were bought out the last time by the British outfit that manufacturers Chris Craft. Al
  17. Texas Road Glide

Texas Road Glide New Member

somebody post a pic of this ugly bike, you guys are talkin about......

TRG
  18. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

19. VYBR8ER

VYBR8ER New Member

The Rocker is absolutly the ugliest motorcycle :puke: , but runs real close to the bagger that victory just came out with, that has ever come from Milwaukee. Sometime makes one wonder what they are drinking and smoking during the winters. I don't think it will have a very long life and can be bought for a song after some stupid yuppie plops down his cash and then gets laughed at by grannies in their BMWs. I've ridden all of the new CVO models and the only ones that impressed me were the Road King and the Dyna. The 110 motor is pretty strong and the handling is great. Now if HD could just understand that they need to put their bikes on a diet. Really, it seems that they could cut out about 100 lbs from the touring line and a 750 lb bike with 109 ft lbs of torque is a bike that I'd put out 22k to call my own. Wish HD could get the horsepower that they should from 110 inches past the EPA:roflmao: At least one can dream. The anniversary models with the copper top colors is rediculous. If you look at the color you will see that someone got carried way when they mixed it and snuck some PINK into the color. Yes HD has forgotten what got them to where they are and those of us that stuck by through the hard times just don't count any more. The new prefferred customer is making at least 6 figures, drives a car made in Germany and a 60k pick up. The Harley is just a phalic extension and a place to put his bucks so someone else will think he's something. You don't find the new generation owners as Daily Riders.:soapbox: Well, got it off my chest anyway.
  20. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

I think the Rocker is an example of too many designers having their say. Taking a close look I see a lot of potential in the design, however when they handed it over to whomever did the seat design the overall look died. It appears one flaw was trying to clearance the seat to allow for the suspension and movement of the rear fender, but what a mess that made. Maybe if they moved the fender back to the struts instead of floating on the swingarm it might work better. I'm sure the aftermarket seat makers are already scratching their heads and thinking "how the hell am I going to fix this?!"

Adding the passenger seat to the "C" model makes it look even worse. Softails are uncomfortable enough for most passengers without sitting them out on what looks like a ledge. Looks really precarious and I don't know anyone who would want to sit on that thing. Reminds me when I was a kid giving friends a ride home from school on my bicycle. Your passenger would sit on your seat while you peddled standing up.

That gives me an idea. Hey Willie G, try this styling idea! Mount pegs on the front axle so the passenger can sit on the handle bars. Mount another set on the rear axle for someone to stand off the back and you can give several friends a ride at the same time, just like clowns at the circus! While you are at it, why not place a hook on the rear fender? That way you could tie a rope to it and toe your buddy on his skateboard. See, I have some great ideas. Can I join the Harley design team? :p