1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

New bagger shocks or suck it up

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Red Rider, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

I'm thinking about spending the $$ and getting the Progressive shocks for my 'King. I have the air adjustables now and they aren't bad but they aren't great. Anyone have any experience with the Progressives or any other better-than-OEM shocks?
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i have run progressiv's in the past on baggers.....i liked them....but i have not owned a roadking.................:)
  3. bdfin

bdfin New Member

Yeah, I was thinking of trying those on the old WG and I just know they should make the bike handle better......but it would be nice to hear what others that have em on think.
  4. tinsnips

tinsnips Active Member

5. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

Yeah, I just did the Mono tubes in front and 12.5" Progressive 444's in back...Front end dive is good...front end feels firmer....The 444's feel good but I think I should have gone with the Heavy Duty springs...2nd setting with Flo on back and they were a little bouncy I've got it on 3rd now(1 left) and solo the ride is good but I haven't got a lot of miles on them and missed most of the pot holes....Even with a fat bastard like me on the standard springs I find them better than the stockers...
  6. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

I have the Progressive Suspension lowering kit in my front end and they are very good. Very stable and stiffer than the stock Harley springs.
  7. charlie46

charlie46 Well-Known Member

I put the Progressive air adjustables on my SG for comfort. They have more travel than stock SG shocks and don't have to have so much pressure to keep from bottoming with my 260 on the bike. Happy with them