1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

New Bars

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by 08XModel, Jul 17, 2009.

1. 08XModel

08XModel New Member

Over the last week the bike has been into dealer to get the bars adjusted. When driving straight down the road the fairing looks like it is angling very slight to the right. They did a minor alignment job but still feels the same. Who know the fairing may have always been crooked and I just noticed it recently. To me the bar feels like it is bent lower on the throttle side. Long story short I ordered the satin black e glide bars and will have them and poly bushings installed. This way I will know that the bars are straight. I got really frustrated but just not sure where to go. I'm getting a good discount on parts and labor. Seems the fairing should be aligned straight on a 21,000 bike. Hopes this fixes the problem. All other was warranty work so didn't have to pay anything. Any info would be appreciated.
  2. VYBR8ER

VYBR8ER New Member

There is very little adjustment available on the fairing supports. If the fairing doesn't line up to the bars, the first thing that I would be looking at is that the risers being installed straight. An easy way to check this is to loosen the bar clamp and shift the bars in the clamps. One of the risers might not be centered in the bushing. Just turn the front end all the way to the stop and apply pressure to the bar to shift it in the risers. If it straightens up when you return back to center, tighten the clamp bolts down to 25 ftlbs. It's a lot cheaper than new bars.
  3. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

what he said

my bars on my '04 Electra Glide seemed not centred and I was getting a slight click from the riser area when I had the bars at full lock and pulling the bike off the stand..loosened the clamps up ..lined everything up and then tightened them up.....now gonna look some rear end stabilizers...
  4. 08XModel

08XModel New Member

Got the bike back yesterday after being at dealer for over two weeks. I got new satin black bars and poly riser bushings. The final price was 136. I think that they ate all the labor and I got 25% off parts. I didn't raise to much hell but I think that they could tell I wasn't happy. Bars look really nice. I'm going for blacked out levers next. Maybe will powder coat the tank bezel and air cleaner cover. I still have a steering issue to fix so still don't know what the problem is.