1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

New Bike Thoughts

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by JohnnyBiker, Jul 23, 2019.

1. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

It has been a while since I rode an Indian and when I did, I wasn't very impressed by them.

So why am I bringing this up again? Over this last weekend my wife Hot Rider and I were in Miami Florida. We met up with BaggerPaul and his wife for lunch and after lunch we were cruising around Miami and we decided to stop by an Indian dealership. This is the first time I have stepped foot in an Indian dealership since they were re-released with the purpose of really looking at them. Immediately, BaggerPaul and I were drawn to a specific bike, a Chieftain Darkhorse. To make this as short as I can, I will say that Harley Davidson has their hands full. Indian has come a long way in the short time that they have been back. At this point, I am not about to switch.

Watch Out Harley Davidson
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Indians are nice, 111 inch engine, it's why you have a 114 Hd option

They don't have a fixed faring bike yet, although there are rumors

I like the seats and design on the Indian it's very well done...
  3. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

Research indian recalls and reviews. They are having paint issues. Headlights that go out without notice and currently no fix at this time. Leaks in the tour pack that shorts out light. Not against indian. I like the roadmaster alot. In trying to learn more about it i looked up recalls and reviews and read scary stuff.

I think they've come along way but have more to go before i'm convinced. Look what happened to 17 years of victory loyalty.
  4. JohnnyBiker

I hated the Victory and everything about it. Arlen Ness ruined that bike before it ever got going. Victory was huge in my part of the country and yes there were a lot of pissed off people but oh well.

As far as their recalls are concerned, I don't care enough about the Indian at this point to overly concern myself with it. I just think that Harley will have their hands full. I would like to add though that we shouldn't pretend that Harley hasn't had their fair share of problems. With Polaris behind Indian, I'm willing to bet that they fix their issues sooner rather than later.
  5. JohnnyBiker

That 111 that Indian has is junk. I remember having a conversation with you on this forum about that engine after I first took one out for a test ride. I said it then and I will say it again, my 98" Twin cam would stomp the hell out of that 111" hands down. That 111" is a 3.98" bore by a 4.45" stroke. Even with their .585 cam upgrade along with their entire 116" big bore kit, my 98" would spank it without even really trying.