1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

New Gun Law

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by 08XModel, Aug 19, 2009.

1. 08XModel

08XModel New Member

Don't know how many of you are gun owners. Got an email about a bill H.R 45 that would allow the gov to tax you for every firearm you own. These bastards are attacking the 2nd ammendment. I like to purchase a firearm every so ofter. If I have to pay 50 dollars for every one I own every year I don't know what I'm going to do. I posted a link. Seems like there taking away are rights every time I turn around. Don't mean to rant but this doesn't make me very happy. What happened to my right to bear arms? Maybe the law won't pass but thought others might like to know.

Kevin

H.R.45: Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009 - U.S. Congress - OpenCongress
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Thank's for the info , hope it fall's on it asz:D
  3. Slimjim

Slimjim Active Member

This one may not pass but they will keep probing until something breaks through. With the mindset of this administration and the congress, I won't be surprised that some restrictive gun laws will be passed in the next couple years. We can only hope the courts find them unconstitutional.
  4. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

5. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

:gah:

Why don't they outlaw cars, smoking and drinking at the same time? I know, preaching to the choir...
  6. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

because they have huge tax revenue...

I've said this before to my gun tot'in friends...

The decision by SCOTUS was just the tip of the iceburg,
    now that we've been given confirmation of our rights (thank you)
    nothing in the constitution says they can't restrict the accessability to ammo or purchase of
    guns, or that they can't force registration, record keeping make rules on resale, sale and carry.....

In fact I see an argument coming that "in order to form that militia" we
    need to know who has guns so we can call them up type of argument
    for total control over the sale, resale and gun shows..

I could go on and on...