1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

New Job

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by JohnnyBiker, Mar 17, 2011.

1. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Well, since I am excited, I thought I would share that it possible that I will be in a different job by this time next week, maybe even earlier. I have advanced to the interview process for a company that I have applied with.

The company that I applied with is called Amerprise Financial. I would be a financial advisor and would have to be state licensed which they pay for if one does not already have the proper licenses. This is something that I never thought I would be involved in, but hey, why not?? I really hate my job and I want to get involved into a corporate type setting. So I figured, Why Not?
  2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

First off, hope it works for yea and congratulations, you get to move to a warmer climate?:)
  3. ultra200922

ultra200922 Active Member

Best of luck, a good job means money and that means more toys.:D
  4. JohnnyBiker

Yeah that would be nice, but I don't think that it is in the cards for now. Hot Rider wants to move closer to the cities, this will help because the the job is in Minneapolis. Even moving to the cities may be a challenge because there is a major business that is located in the town that I live in that is moving out. Not sure what this is going to do to property values in an already unstable environment. May make selling my house even more difficult.
  5. FLHTbiker

Loss of jobs in a area can definitely bring lower home prices. Good luck
  6. JohnnyBiker

I figured that since we were talking about home prices, I called my agent and talked to him. He agrees that it will hurt some, but there are alternatives to explore. I am a ways out from selling, but it is good to keep in touch with my agent so I can stay abreast of what is happening. He did give me some encouraging news though. I guess I will just have to wait and see.

I will make the drive to Minneapolis for a while. I have already been looking for a car, one that gets really good gas mileage so I can save on on gas as much as I can. Kind of a fun thing to do.
  7. Crankshaft

Crankshaft New Member

Congrats JB!!!
    It`ll be a new experience, Good Luck with it...
    I Think you aughtta buy an enclosed Motorcycle!!!
    Crank
  8. FLHTbiker

How far from Minneapolis area you. When the weather is nice ride the bike, best gas mileage you'll get. Can't figure why you would want to move to the big city, but hey I'm not you. Really good luck with it all and hope it all works out for you the way you both want it.
    When yea buy a house in the big city, get it inspected and don't go with the cheap guy. :D
  9. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

a big congrats man!!!!!! sounds good, hope all works out for you and hotrider!!!
  10. BluePearl

BluePearl New Member

Financial Advisor? Sounds like a suit and tie every day :gah::gah:
    I guess we all have to make some sacrifice to pay the bills!! :D:roflmao:
    Sounds promising JB Good Luck with it!
  11. JohnnyBiker

i am about an hour and 15 minutes out of Minneapolis. I don't want to move into Minneapolis, just the burbs. The town that Hot Rider want to move to is not that much bigger than the town that we are in now. I get what what you mean by not trying to save money on the cheap guy. I believe in the old saying, "you get what you pay for."
  12. JohnnyBiker

Thanks Crank! That is what I am looking for, a new experience. I figure I might as well put the money that I am spending on school to learn something. Isn't that what it is all about?? Yeah the cager will be confining, and I will have to ride the bike to work as much as I can. Once I get those pipes wrapped then I do think that it could be often. :D
  13. JohnnyBiker

Thanks BP. Thank God that I do not have to wear a jacket everyday. I am used to the tie thing as my last job I had to wear a tie and kackies everyday. I think that I am attracted to this job because it is challenging. I like challenges, why do you think I got married????:roflmao::roflmao:
  14. BluePearl

BluePearl New Member

We all thought HR told you, we're getting married :eek::roflmao::roflmao:
  15. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Lease a new jetta TDI, couple of hundred a month...

sign and drive, 30 to 40 MPG and in some cases upwards of 50 MPG
    plus you get to meet the guy that can twirl two pencils at once...
  16. Hot Rider

Hot Rider Active Member

O I thought it was because you loved me and wanted to be with me! :confused:
    :roflmao::roflmao:
  17. JohnnyBiker

Usually, unless the wife has plans that I am unaware of!!:D:banghead::wtf:
  18. JohnnyBiker

Of course I Love You!!:D
  19. Hot Rider

Hot Rider Active Member

Duh? Did you really think marrying me came with no price and is cheap? :D:roflmao:
  20. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

They always got plans you ain't aware of ie: The HONEYDO list. - bet it ain't got any shorter has it? wait until ya retire - it gets much longer! - course ya can use the old I hurt my back and can't do it. But it's harder to explain the weekends away when it's tome to ride. :roflmao: