1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

New Orleans bike week

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by sarge7, Apr 7, 2010.

1. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

2nd annual bike week is coming up May 5th to the 9th.
    Was wondering if anybody is planning on going?
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

nope the last time I was on N O was to pick-up a load of coffee & bring it back on my way to Houston did'nt like the city then & know I wont now
  3. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

My impression of the NO Bike week after attending was a big rip off - No freebies and everything was overpriced from the food to the vendors. The people running this need to go to Panama City Beach during Thunder on the Beach and learn how it's done right.
  4. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

thanks for the heads up on the rally..........sorry it wasnt a good one for ya, but you have informed the masses about what to or not to expect if they decide to go..........
  5. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

We got a brand new Rally coming to Salem Oregon this year. Its going to be called Good Vibrations. The people who put on Street Vibrations in Reno are the ones putting it on here. I guess the big promoter moved just outside Salem OR after falling in love with the country here. Anyway they are working with the Salem Harley dealer and many other vender's. If your out this way the weekend of July 16th-18th that's when it will be going.

Good Vibrations - Salem / Keizer, OR
  6. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Sounds like it might be fun - I just hope the promoters for New Orleans can catch on - I know they are only in their 2nd year but I probably was a little harsh on them; however when ya make a trip of over a 1000 miles to go to one of these events ya sure don't want to be taken for every last dime ya got. Guess that the chance ya take when doing one of these things. Course any rally will never top Sturgis - Daytona or Panama City.
  7. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I've always liked Street Vibrations pretty well. We have always had a great time when ever we have gone. To me the ride there and back is a big part of the rally. Went to Laughlin a rally in Southern Nev. with sleepy and kev. quit a few years back but the ride there and back were better than the rally. Still won't go back to it, to many southern CA. gangs go there. Got them in Reno to but didn't seem as bad. Seems like the gangs try and ruin it for the rest.