1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

New tank help

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by FlynDutchman, Feb 19, 2008.

1. FlynDutchman

FlynDutchman New Member

Ok, so I figure if anybody would know it would be you guys....I have a 97 FXD that I just bought a new tank for on-line & low & behold there are no instructions for the tank, the new dash, or the new ignition. So far all I have done is cleaned the inside & coated it with Kreem but Im having some issues with other things....Wonder if anybody has done this same project. here is a link to the item: J&P Cycles - Motorcycle exhausts, seats, mirrors, and more The petcock is a bit forward of the old one, & it calls for relocation of the choke and the igniton to the dash...Thats a little bit involved to not have instructions for.... So maybe a lil help ?? :banghead:
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

would you fix the link??? it doesnt work for me......then we can get started installing your new tank!!:)
  3. chucktx

nevermind, problem was on my end.............:)
  4. chucktx

would you post a pic of your tank and dash assy??:)
  5. FlynDutchman

FlynDutchman New Member

I guess I'll have to....apparently there are no instructions for this thing...I'll get on that this week
  6. chucktx

just trying to see what your doing.....then get a better feel for helping out!!!!:)
  7. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

Have The Same Problem With The Petcock On My New Tank. Did You Already Have A Dash On The Old One? Should Be Like, Left Aux, Center Off, Right All On. Maybe You Can Get One Of These Guys To Pull The Dash Cover Off And Take A Pic. For You. That Would Give You A Good Start.
  8. FlynDutchman

FlynDutchman New Member

I have the stock Dyna superglide tank dash....new one is more like a wide glide's tank Its pissin me off.....Got no further response from J&P cycles and I dont have the tank here anymore cause its out for paint....Im hoping to get it back soon
  9. chucktx

if you can, take pics of both tanks.....then we can see what you are up against.......i dont think there is gonna be a problem. just a bit of fabbin!!!!!:)
  10. FlynDutchman

FlynDutchman New Member

Still no response from J&P & the tank is still out for paint.....anybody know of a web site that i could possibly search for instructions on ?? I've found a few for other things.....Hell I can even get an owners manual for just about any gun out there (which is pretty cool by the way) but nothing for this dash assembly....Its not even covered in my shop manual.
  11. mwelych

mwelych Active Member

Have you tried the forum site that J&P runs. They have so many techs on that site that they'll be able to answer in no time.:)