1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

New triumps

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by chucktx, Aug 25, 2008.

1. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Man they did a good job on that Bonnie I had to take a second look at the two together :cool:
  3. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

they did a good job, personally I like the old one better.
  4. SkyKing

SkyKing New Member

The new Thunderbird is quite stylish. Look forward to seeing them on the road.

I saw the Bonneville at a show last weekend, and I thought it was the antique version at first.
  5. VYBR8ER

VYBR8ER New Member

Got to sit on a Truxton the other day and thought I was back in the 70's with the Cafe Racers. They sure did a good job with the bike, but the horse power was pretty disappointing with only 68 hp out of a 850 motor. Be nice to know how the aftermarket will gear up to improve the new breed.
  6. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

I really like the 50th anniv. Bonneville. Very nice.
  7. Ashley

Ashley Active Member

I like Bonnie's, I had one a long time ago. I have been tempted to get another one for a while. I suspect if I bought one I'd buy the power unit, stick it in a custom frame, low, lean and raked. It is a classic, almost timeless engine, it sounds great as well.

Years ago I hurt my back so I cannot do sports bikes and cafe racers now. But yeh, a custom Bonnie would be really cool.

Tempted!
  8. FlynDutchman

FlynDutchman New Member

Kinda reminds me of my brother-in-law's old Norton Commando 750...Now thats a bike I wish they'd bring back.