1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

New TSA procedures

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Nov 19, 2010.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

I figure if you don't want anymore bombs on a plane do it or don't fly it's simple in my book ,Me I do my flying on the ground :D
  3. amf4399

amf4399 Active Member

Its has gotten way out of hand. My wife who was abused as a kid has really taken offense to this new procedure and will not fly now.
  4. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

that is one thing that is great about our country......we can decide if we want to fly or not...........me???? if a plane is gonna hurt me it is gonna have to fall on me..........
  5. cardboard

What are you trying to say?????????:cussing:
  6. The Tourist

The Tourist Banned A-Hole

It's not even legal.

I still have 4th Amendment rights. I'm not under arrest, and you still have to have probable cause, a warrant, be in hot pursuit or have a Writ of Mandamus to detain me, search my home or even frisk me.

If some other non-sworn clown tried to do this on the street he'd immediately find out just how good a sharpener I really am.

On a personal note, Mr. amf4399, I am truly sorry about your wife. She'll be in my prayers.
  7. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

We are all guilty untill proven inocent before we get on a plane, and once your on the plane you have no rights at all anyway. I love flying:banghead:
  8. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Try makin it to Hawaii on a bus.:roflmao:
  9. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Good time for a cruise then :D

Me I hate flying anyway on one of those cramped up cigar tins. I would rather ride the Harley or just stay home.
  10. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i believe when ya purchase the ticket, you give your consent to be searched....airlines anit stupid.......if ya dont want searched or your fellow passengers searched, drive or walk.......if i were to fly i wouldnt care if we had to do it naked........at least i know there aint a idiot trying to blow the thing up.........
  11. cardboard

Fer Real !

I ain't flew in a long time, but I don't want to think about something happin when I'm in the air.

I'm scared......
  12. The Tourist

I will politely disagree. And I stress the word "politiely."

In short, I am a strict constructionist. In an analogy of application, that means that I see no reason why my State of Wisconsin should ever have to pass a CCW provision. Why should I get any form of license to use my Constitutional enumerated rights? This very action implies that I need my government's permission to use what I obtained at birth as an American.

It also applies here. For example, while some speech is limited, I do not need special licensing for free speech in boarding an airplane. I might not be able to use words like "fire" or "bomb" on a plane, but I can criticize Obama as much as I like.

I do not need special licensing to congregate peacefully with other bikers on the plane for any purpose.

And I see no provision--and I am familiar with our Constitution, The Bill of Rights, The Federalist Papers and their origins in in history--that permits a civilian corporation to utilize what amounts to a Writ of Mandamus to trump those rights in the course of commerce.

If a TSA employee was so much as one inch off of an airline's corporate property, and he touched my genitals, I can guarantee you he'd be sliced up more dramatically than a Christmas goose.

So why should he have any more powers under Constitutional parameters when he simply shows up for work?
  13. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

We need a Political section where the Tourist can rant and the rest of us can ignor it. :cussing:
  14. The Tourist

Offering a rebuttal while defending The Constitution is not a rant.

If you disagree, can you explain why?
  15. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

TSA shevled the procedure because of the outcry. - I however think there should be some type of screening done until we solve the problem of certain groups of wackos that think blowing up airplanes is a way of life. I can understand their need to get to heaven and the 72 virgins the book promised them but not over my dead body. If they want to get there I suggest they stand in front of our troops in Afgan who would be happy to help them find their happy huntin grounds.:roflmao:
  16. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

I don't normally agree with Tourist but I do on this point. The government takes far to many liberties with the constitution. Personally I'm getting sick of it. When will it end. If guns kill people then pencils flunk test is in a nutshell the mentality of our government about all things.

The g'ment is stupid like a fox....they know what they are doing and its not for our best interest in the long run.

Perhaps we should come off our lazy selfish self centerness and protest and just stop flying, that and send every none citizen muslim back home barr none or something similar to what they did to the Japanese after Pearl Harbor till we can figure this thing out?

17. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

Or you can just not click here? How about that? Rather then trying to stiffle someones politely spoken opinion because you don't agree with it just don't come to this thread? What a concept.

I can't believe another HD rider would try to shut down another HD riders spoken opinion. Trade your bike in for a crotch rocket right now!:banghead:

18. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

You give consent when you enter the inspection zone.

Is it invasive, yes,
    unnecessary, probably

unconstitutional, maybe - fact is you consent to things
    when you do things all the time... Carry concealed then you
    agree to the rules...

I think there are better solutions then full body search

Best thing to see happen is airports eliminate TSA employees a
    and go private, that eliminates tons of government jobs about
    to unionize meaning we'd have them forever and they would
    even be worse.
  19. cardboard

I have been at the airport before trying to git threw the security part.
    Kept sittin the beeper off. I was down to my BVD's before they could open their mouth.
    Socks, Bvd's. that's it.
    I said I'm not scared, I will take my BVD's off it needed too.People around me kinda freaked out.
    They said I didn't have to go that far.
    Said I will do whatever it takes to keep somebody from killin me and the wife while I'm on a plane.
    You don't have to go threw anything if you don't want to fly.
    ?But if you want to fly yer going on their plane. You fly by their rules or don't fly.
    They are interested in yer safety and the safety of their crews.

We just had UPS to have a Ink toner catridge on a place from Syria.
    They must have a reason to be doing this. And not wanting to talk about it.
  20. cardboard

Don't see this going nowhere good anytime soon.:banghead::wtf: