1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

New Year

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Ashley, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Ashley

Ashley Active Member

11.55 (or so) here. Coming up to midnight. Happy New Year to all from over here in London, UK. Ride safe in 2011.
  2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Shoot its only 4:12 here. Think I'll put some holes in the back yard tonight. :)
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

happy new year to ya ashley............still cold over there????? say hi to the wife for me! have ya gotten moved?
  4. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

man he's way early for us here , but happy new year ashley for S E Texas :D
  5. Ashley

Ashley Active Member

I retire from the day job in July. Then if all goes to plan in August we move to Izmir Province, Turkey, where the sun shines for 10 months of the year, ice is a very rare event, and we can ride pretty much all year. The rules around importing road vehicles or buying one there as a foreigner are Machiavellian and expensive, but this is a hassle and cost I will simply have to live with.

2011 is going to be a great year for us.
  6. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Happy New Year to you, Ashley. Mac the Wife and I have always wanted to visit England and may some day. We'd love to see Stonehenge. Once you move, you may be one of very few Harley riders in Turkey, I would imagine.
  7. Ashley

Ashley Active Member

There is HOG in Turkey, out of Istanbul and Izmir. They have an annual rally in Cesme. I'm not really into HOG stuff though.

I am keeping my eyes on this. The Duece.

2. EL MOTORLAR - Harley-Davidson Bosphorus

We could turn this into a great ride for us, and for Turkey it is inexpensive.
  8. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

I looked at the Duece; nice bike. So, are you looking to buy a bike in Turkey once you move? Harley's are everywhere it seems!
  9. Ashley

Ashley Active Member

It is probably not going to be possible to take my current bike, and even if by chance it becomes possible the import tax would be prohibitive. So it looks like I will be buying a bike in Turkey.