1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Newby with V-Rod question

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by cuedude, May 25, 2006.

1. cuedude

cuedude New Member

Hello,

I just registered with this board, and have a question about Harley v-rods. I'm in the process of buying one, and want to know if anyone knows of any problems? It's a 2004 model, and is currently tuned for high elevation. I'm at sea level. How much tuning am I going to have to do to get it running at '0' altitude? Thanks for any help.

cuedude
  2. CD

CD Guest

It's EFI with a barometric pressure sensor. No tuning should be needed unless the owner has it fouled up somehow.
  3. cuedude

cuedude New Member

Thanks CD. That's the best news I've heard all day.

cuedude
  4. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

I Rented One Once Back In 03' Nice Smooth Ride, Alot Of Git Up And Go Real Quick. I Always Said It's Harley's Version Of A Honda. The New Age Harley That I Don't Think Paid Off. Good Luck On The New Ride!
  5. CD

CD Guest

Might as well get used to it. The V-Rod engine is going to start playing a larger role....
  6. SK

SK New Member

I just read an article about the Street Rod version of the V-Rod. Has me interested. They're changing the rake from 38º to 32º and raising the bike a bit so they can change the forward controls to under your butt standard style (still only about a 30" seat height). This will no doubt be the best handling bike HD has ever made. The tank is going to 5 gallons and no longer a faux tank. I gather this is probably the V-Rod HD originally intended, but wanted to slide in the more cruiserish V-Rod first to not shock the faithful as much.

Still expensive though. You can get a Yamaha FZ1000 (standard version of the R1 sportbike engine) that'll blow it's doors off power and handling wise for half the price. But as CD says..the V-Rod's motor is here to stay. Whenever they enlargen the engine and put it in an Electra Glide..I'll seriously consider my first HD.