1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Nice weather.......

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by chucktx, Feb 20, 2011.

1. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

went fishin twice this week.....a buddy went with me today.......great time fishin....no, wait.........catching!!!!! had fresh fish, crappie, for supper.....temps were in the low 70,s. we deserved it tho.....i rented a track hoe for this weekend, and he ran it for me. put in a new field line for the septic system......filled one of many septic tanks on the place, removed about 25 stumps, then went to his horse barn and he spent about 3 hrs or so removing a big ass stump!!! after the first 30 minutes he said he wished he had never started it!!! the roots were huge and purple! never seen purple before,,,,after a bit they turned black, and were hard as a rock.....
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Man I guess you needed a fishing trip after all that :D I know we had hell after IKE up rooted a tree along with the field lines ,But here we could'nt just replace them had to got to the sprinkler system good thing the insurence CO pain that bill :eek:
  3. chucktx

cardboard needs one of those systems......expensive.....
  4. cowboy

Ya it is , I have a little over 16 hundred SQ ft house ,& that helps them know what size to install along with how many people mine was 7 k
  5. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

That sounds like a lot of work. Glad you had a good day to make up for it.
  6. dmassey

dmassey Active Member

Dang! Wore me out just readin' what all you did! Glad you went fishin' so I could get some rest!:D
  7. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Do you guys have to get permits to dig new septic tanks or you just go out and did a hole, reminds me of the old cesspool types. :D

Them roots sound like they were getting petrified. :eek:
  8. chucktx

yes and i think the wood was getting close to petrified.....
  9. cowboy

yep on the perment county man had to come out & look at the hole in the ground & the B prints then off he went
  10. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

11. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member