1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

No low beam or driving lights

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by fittykick, Jun 13, 2008.

1. fittykick

fittykick New Member

I was driving into work tonight (05' E glide) and noticed that my headlight wasn't reflecting off the car in front of me. I pulled over and my low beam wasn't working, but the high beam did. I thought bad bulb, but I noticed that my aux/driving lights weren't working either. Just seems to coincidental that the low beam and both driving lights would go at the same time. I'm at work without my manual and was wondering if you guys could tell me where my fuses are and if you have any idea what would cause this problem. Thanks for the help.
  2. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

do your low beams and aux lights go off when you kick on you brights normaly, if so the switch may be the problem, if it were the fuse which should be under the right side cover, then you would lose both the hi and lo beam , you might try flipping the switch and see if it may blink also might check wiring around the triple for a pinched wire
  3. fittykick

fittykick New Member

Thanks Horse...I hadn't thought of that. I'll go check it out.
  4. Dakota

Dakota New Member

The power for the driving lights is pulled off of the low beam circuit, so if you've lost both driving lights and low beam, you've most likely lost the power to the low beam circuit-which is what horse is implying, so he's probably on the right track.