1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

No new re map

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by wmiconi, Feb 18, 2005.

1. wmiconi

wmiconi New Member

Wow,

As much as I like my HD dealer. They kill me. Kerker 2 into1 and ness sucker (thanks DP), No map from HD. You need a race tuner. OK That is another 500 bucks installed! Seriously who makes this kind of money to spend. I love my bike, but how can i justify this? They wouldn't sell me a carb'd bike.

What do i do? Run lean, Race tuner, or let my bike sit?
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

what year bike, if it's a delphi EFI then pipes only require no upgrade (Kerkers are close to SE pipes not that un restrictive like drag pipes)

I would spend a few bucks on a DFO, you don't need a race tuner, or a PC USB powercommander if you plan on doing big bore and cams down the road.

All three, filter pipes and dfo will get you where you want to go. Now just send me half the $ you save LOL
  3. wmiconi

wmiconi New Member

Sorry for my ingnorance, DFO? I have an 05 fxsti. Everything is on except the shocks which i am trying to lower and the download or the (DFO).
    When your in DC i will buy you lunch!

Deal? Thanks HRK
  4. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Might have to do that one day,

DFO or Digital Fuel Optimizer or TFI same thing, they sell them here at DP,

Check with them about your year or a powercommander USB

basically the DFO will plug into your harness (with optional harness plug in thing) and you adjust it like a carb to add fuel at different points, pretty simple to do.

You can also get a Powercommander USB and download a map for a Ness or SE air filter kit and kerkers or something close for a stage 1 upgrade to the unit and it will do the same, add fuel.

Race tuners are good tools but $500 is a bit much if all you're doing is a stage 1 filter and pipes.

DFO's are around $200 so it's gonna be a good lunch :p