1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

No Spanner work for a few weeks

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by NeilP, Jan 13, 2011.

1. NeilP

NeilP Active Member

Broken finger.jpg

Christmas day, cycling..over handle bars of mountain bike. bloody nuisance.

I phoned our local hospital Accident & Emergency dept..and they said they had a good number of patients waiting.and I could be waiting hours if I came in then.
    So I got my mate to pull it straight and splint it for me, went in to hospital the next day and was seen immediately.
    Had to go back in2 days later for an op to plate it and pin it.

Bloody nuisance now as it wont move. They say it could takes months to get full movement back...bugger. What a start to the new year.
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

ouch!!!!! that looks painful!! hope it heals quickly.......
  3. NeilP

NeilP Active Member

Did not feel a thing at the time...not till the glove was off and the hand warmed up...oh and when my mate was pulling it straight and strapping it up to a splint whittled from a piece of firewood
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2011