1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

No spark

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by cowboy, May 22, 2011.

1. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

I took FLHT's advice & went back to working on my bike , it's all together but no spark :banghead: put a omes meter to the crank senser & it shows a open circut , could it be kaput ?
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

might just need a good cleaning..........
  3. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Yea, it could be or it could just be bad. Had one go bad on me once while riding, let it cool down then it would start. Then it would go for about a 1/2 mile and then die. Try cleaning it and if it works I'd keep one in the trunk just in case.
  4. cowboy

Thanks guys , goin to try & get to it tomorrow afternoon , meeting with a lawyer around 830-900 in the morning
  5. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Good luck with it Cowboy I feel for yea.
  6. cowboy

Thanks , today was spent on the phone with two different laws state & locol both a PITA & still no report , but did get the pics they took , & one call from the cars insurence adjuster ,,I played his game many years ago so know some of the tricks , did'nt make him happy but oh well , I was'nt going to shoot my own foot with him, & untill we have the report from the D P S office & see where we stand , The adjuster has had his one phone call , for now :gah: This is a big mess about 4 different insurence companys involed :witsend: so A lawyer is a must :angry:
  7. Johnclave

Johnclave New Member

Hey do the same for me........

HarleysLR Active Member

Hey Cowboy I know your busy but have you had a chance to work on this project?
  9. cowboy

halleyslr, yes it's all back together, can't get any spark from the coil, I checked the crank senser,& it shows a open circuit , & I still need to take the tank apart & empty all the efi stuff from it , tonight will be kinda quite & hope to get out in the shop & gwet some of that taken care of , She has all new top end from the 06 parts I bought :cool:
  10. cowboy

got fire in the hole tonight , still not sure on the carb jets , never opened it up (yet) runs & sounds good at idel & just above that , still wanting on a few parts to finish it up & ride her again :cool:
  11. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

12. cowboy

Thanks harleySLrR I still have to Wate on three parts , that gives me time I hope to double check the jets
  13. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

That is awesome, I am so glad that you are getting near the end..... I hope that you enjoy the crap out of it!!!!
  14. cowboy

Re: No spark -Now spark

bike runs fine so far but since the EFI to carb swap the engine light stays on , Is this a problum ? since there's a different ignition wireing harness , from the efi ?
  15. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Do you think that it may come off after a certain amount of start ups???
  16. cowboy

Noot sure , it did stat staying on a bit longer after chuck put the cams in , But now there a lot less sensers , like down to one & it's brand new , crank senser, i do need to find time & try to read up on it in the service manual
  17. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

ecm may need to be reprogramed, there is a method on how to do it at : Harley ECM Password Learn
    I have used this method with success when I changed to a Scream'n Eagle ignition.
  18. cowboy

Thanks harleysLR , I did put A SE icm on her in the swap over , I check it out
  19. cowboy

Ok I tried all 12 steps ,more then once & the engine light still on :witsend: Don't know if it's me or something wrong with the light :( Any more ideas will help ,i might get a chance tomorrow to check it out again , have to meet with lawyer & go to Houston:gah: two parts came in:D
  20. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

Cowboy,The security system that came with our Cop Bikes was the Cop on it:)...Did you check to see what code is thrown, then clear the code...When I did mine over last year and added a PCIII,the bike threw a code on start up(can't remember what code)...my bud has a Code Master Code reader and cleared it....light has been out ever since.

Here's the reader he used...
    Code Master Service Code Reader | Genuine Motor Accessories | Harley-Davidson USA