1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

no spark

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Uncle Ron, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Uncle Ron

Uncle Ron New Member

Thanks for adding me. I'm working on a 99 electra glide classic efi. We drove it into the garage. replaced inner fairing, front tire and rim, front pads and rotors and now we got no spark no fuel. Changed out the crank sensor checked all wiring plugs still nothing. I need help.
  2. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

I'm not a "mechanic" and have ne experience with fairing Harleys but I assume you checked, double checked triple checked all your wire connections that you may have disconnected with the fairing. Pinched wires too. Nothing with the front wheel and brakes will f with the spark and fuel. Did you disconnect the battery before messing with the fairing wires? I would think that would be the first thing you did before starting on any wires. Good chance of messing up the module
    After the new year some of the more experienced boys should be back on the forum
  3. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Did you check the fuses? Easy to do, and the first thing to do in this case. If blown, you'd best have spares. Sounds likely you have a short in the wiring, likely in the ones you've worked with - but not required to be. Is it cranking over? Could also be too weak of a battery, if it is old and neglected. Most chargers can indicate "good" but not detect all faulty batteries. Clearly, though, this sounds like a DC power problem. Let us know what you find, please, and sorry it took so long to see your post.
  4. WVBiker

WVBiker New Member

Happy New Year. Just courious, is that machine one of those that require the kickstand to be up before you can start it???? I know you've already checked the kill switch if it has one.
  5. Gordie

Gordie Member

Hi Ron, I'm looking at your message about no spark or fuel, have you got it going and what have you found to be the reason?