1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

No wonder it ran like Shi%

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Jan 26, 2011.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

After my morning home inspection I started up the ol Springer to go for a put and dang she was running crappy. Its been sitting for awhile so I was thinking it just needed some running time. Nope ran bad the whole time. Turned around and took it home. After getting it on the lift and pulling the cleaner cover off I noticed a bulge in the rubber gasket between the carb and the manifold. Pulled the carb and the rubber had a tear in it. Old age I guess, time to put a new one on. Pick up one tomorrow when I meet up with olbill to go for a ride.
    Man I was really looking forward to a good ride on the Springer :cussing: dang thing anyway.

Here is a cool pic from the inspection out the back upper window. Layer of fog in the valley and the Molalla mountains in the back ground.

Attached Files:

2. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

I envy that you are able to get out and at least move the bike without becoming an eskimo. I still have to wait about 3 months for a good ride, although the way I am going, I may not be able to ride much over the summer anyway!!!:banghead::witsend::gah:
  3. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

man FLHT that's pretty just rains to much for me :rolleyes:
    JB ?
  4. JohnnyBiker

I am using my contacts on a professional networking site and using the resources heavily that I have available through school to get into, or back into my field of study. I have a professor that has agreed to be a reference for me, the HR Manger at work as well, a Process Engineer etc. Just not sure how this is all going to play out just yet. I hope to be in a different job by mid spring.
  5. cowboy

good luck sound's like your on the right track, there for a minute I thought Hotrider was locked up in your igloo up there & making your new honey dew list :roflmao:
  6. FLHTbiker

I saw pics on the news tonight of the snow back east, that sucks, way to much snow for me. Don't know how you live in it.
  7. JohnnyBiker

:roflmao::roflmao:, We both have enough on our plate, don't need anymore, but I guess what do you do? I did take the summer off from school so I can get some neglected things taken care of, but of course now that have been going to the doctor to get checked out, which still isn't done, who knows what I hve t do there.

Hey FLHT, it is just a way of life here. I don't mind it so much, there is always something that we can do, just have to find the time lately. :(
  8. cowboy

ya can't do much out side when you can't get out of there IGLOO ,or it just way to cold to repair/paint the house :eek:
  9. JohnnyBiker

Yep!, not much one can do when everything is frozen, and I don't have a heated garage either! :wtf:
  10. cowboy

Man that would suk:eek: we had heated floors in the shop in Alaska that was good when we had to get under a truck/car / tank :D
  11. JohnnyBiker

I have a nice size garage, but I just haven't had the need to heat it just yet. Not only that, HR and I are looking to move in the next year or so, so i am not sure I want to put money in and not be able to recoop it. That an my bike just runs so well, no need to work on it over the winter! :p
  12. FLHTbiker

:eek: Your bike is frozen stiff. I knew a guy in Main I believe and he and his wife kept their bikes in their living room all winter.
  13. cowboy

That's a good deal , now if you could just ride your bike :eek: have you looked into the pot belly stove ? Like Joshbob has in his shop those work real good ,had a buddy with a over size two car garage & a pot belly stove we worked on bike all winter or just sat & drank beer , & the wifes stayed in the house :D
  14. JohnnyBiker

I have heard of that, usually it is from people that live in an apartment. yeah my bike is cold at the moment, but I know that my bike will start right up in the spring with no tender needed. At least that is the way it was for me last spring.
  15. FLHTbiker

I got a home made wood stove in my shop, will heat it up to 60 on a cold winter day. Need to insulate the shop. Its a pole building with metal sides and a electric double metal door.

Attached Files:

16. cowboy

In the cold your having up there I would at least start it up once a week & open a door/window & let it run cause the cold will eat up a battery easy
  17. JohnnyBiker

Didn't last year. We have better batts up here. :D:roflmao:
  18. cowboy

that's a cool shop FLHT , when we bought this house 6-7 years ago it had a cornor fire place moveable & uses propain it would heat up the whole house about 1700 sqft wirf did'nt like it so it's in my shop :cool:Now to get the shop cleaned out & hook it up :banghead:
  19. FLHTbiker

That is one thing I would love to have is some real heat in the shop. The ceiling inside the shop is insulated but not the walls.
  20. JohnnyBiker

Kidn of defeats the purpose don't ya think????