1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Not the normal dealership

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Ashley, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Ashley

Ashley Active Member

Am planning a road trip, touring in Greece, so I took the bike up to my local dealership in Izmir for a quick once over. I had pretty much nailed down what issues I was aware of, which is fork seals are going, and a very minor oil leak. They checked over everything, had the bike up on a stand for over an hour, and pretty much confirmed what I knew, adding nothing I had missed, which was the real point of the exercise. They also adjusted the brakes slightly, topped up fluids, and we agreed they would order in the fork seals for when I get back. And the best part.... When I asked how much this work cost, they said, "No, no money". Impressed. :):)
  2. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

So are you going to let them do the work?
  3. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Nice no money out of pocket..
  4. Ashley

Ashley Active Member

Will I let them fit the fork seals? Depends. When I get home it may be over 100F in my workshop. If it is that hot I might just let them do it and go to the beach. One of the really good things about here is that the hourly charge for mechanic time is so little compared to Europe.
  5. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Let them do it and fill it with fluid if you trust them, it's a pretty big
    job and someone needs to watch all those hot women on the beach...
  6. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Absolutely!
  7. Ashley

Ashley Active Member

Yeah, is a big job, one I've done before on a Triumph so I sort of know what I am doing. My thinking is the beach will be a lot more fun.